M*CARBO DINER: What’s For Eats? 🥩

@DrumsGunsBMX
Best of luck at the Chili Bowl.
Agreed, need to add a bit of bite for taste, that’s where I’m at also.
Cheers,

3 Likes

Wish I could afford to go, but I’ll just be watching on tv! Definitely on the bucket list, though.

https://www.chilibowl.com/

2 Likes

Damn, I never realized how expensive tickets are for the Chili Bowl

1 Like

Yes…this place is for real and it’s pretty good!
From the Big Cock Ranch!

5 Likes

Late diner, and a much more healthier one I would say…

10 Likes

Remember when they were pumpi g and pricing gas at 1/2 gallons? U.S. anyway…

2 Likes

@cico7
It’s kind of sad, last year or so and for as long as I can remember, diesel was always lower than gas, sometimes by 1/2. Now it is almost double gas. Everyone are selling the diesel trucks that take over $200.00 to fill the tanks. I cannot heat with diesel in my shop, electricity and firewood are cheaper.
Here is the food snack from yesterday I made up, mustard greens stir fry, pepperoncini peppers, green grapes, raisin-cranberry bread and 2 kinds of hard, aged cheddar, very good stuff.

9 Likes

Something I whipped up real quick.

Filet, home made bread, home made onion rings, home grown green beans and potato. Mmm …

6 Likes

I whipped up this Sweet Chili Beef Noodle stir fry and of course, personal pan pizza’s x 4 baked on the BBQ, I really like these pizzas, artisan while wheat style thin crust and because you can customize them.

8 Likes

Is that a welding glove? :grinning:

4 Likes

We used them all the time in Scouts. Were especially handy with dutch ovens.

5 Likes

@chilipepper @JoeFridaySays
Yes it is a welding glove, of which I have only have one, works ambidextrous. It’s my shop go to from loading firewood to tending the BBQ. It’s not the best heat shield but really OK for use in short burst.

7 Likes

It was rhetorical. :grinning:

I started with tea/hand towels…and to be clear, these are just indoor shop towels to me, if it ain’t big enough to bathe with (bath sheets in my case), it’s utility. Anyway, the few that survive are still sporting burn marks as proof. Then I moved to leather work gloves and welding gloves, hence my interest in your personal protection selection (catchy, I know… :smirk:). That was until I found these…

Almost elbow length (even on my long arms) kevlar mitts. The work and welding gloves have returned to normal duties. :wink:

4 Likes

@chilipepper
Good call on those, at least I’d have two. LOL
Thankfully, I get what I might call somewhat still good used oven mitts from the house after they get a few stains on them, apparently they are no longer house worthy and need to be replaced. I have a couple stashed away someplace, but always seem to circle back to the the welding mitt.

3 Likes

I have a Pitt Mitt for close quarters handling, but that stays with my camping gear where its hard to get close to the heat.
Otherwise ambient air keeps me pretty cozy… as revealed below tonite… top sirloin steaks…

11 Likes

@Stircrayzy
Thumbs up on the outside grilling, seems every time I go to BBQ it either rains or snows. Thanks to the Texas warm front we are getting a lot of snow, fair to say every day this week, until today. So last might I decided to go back to basics…
Tip: Bacon, do not over crowd.
Snack: A why not try, they are OK. Deep fried mushrooms.
With cold weather, it’s chili time again…

8 Likes

Welding glove oven mit… Sure sign of a single man…

Lol

1 Like

Snow blizzard, only one thing to do about…
Slow cooker Pineapple Ham time…

9 Likes

In case it gets dark by the time im done…

And the soundtrack…

5 Likes

Im starting to think you dont even own a “stove”. Not complaining one bit about all the great grilled meat pics and please keep them coming. :laughing:

6 Likes