M*CARBO DINER: What’s For Eats? 🥩

@Thatoneguy I have a couple of those utensils for hikes…knife works very well for what it is.

6 Likes

Wait a second Snuff. :thinking:

My generations go way back in theses mountains in East TN and West NC. Many of us grew up dumping a little sugar on our grits. I still do. :yum:
Sorta like rubbing a biscuit into a mix pile of honey and butter. :yum:

Larry :innocent:

5 Likes

@LarrySr

RATS, all out of likes for today, please consider this a like “rain check if you will” LOL

3 Likes

@Savage636 For the variety of cheese? For the raw ground beef with sliced onions? Smoked salmon every Friday night at your local watering hole? Oh… breaded cheese curds… they all kept me in the Nort’ Woods of Wisconsin for about 15 years. :+1:

5 Likes

So do mine on my mother’s side. Mom’s family came from the German Alps, Scotland and a few other places and settled around Nantahala. Dad’s came out of England, settled in SC and moved to central GA. But never-not once can I recall anyone in my family ever adding sugar to grits. It just was not done!. Biscuits? Oh hell yeah! Dad’s folks were very fond of dark sorghum syrup, mixed with butter and sopped up with a good biscuit. Mom’s folks were more into honey or home made jam and jelly. But adding sugar to Grannie’s grits? A good way to get banished from the table!
Those yankee girl cousins I mentioned? All 3 were born in GA but grew up in Ohio and MI so they kinda have an excuse. Two refuse to eat grits and the one insists on adding sugar.

I guess it’s all in how you was raised. I was raised that sugar don’t belong on grits and I reckon I’m now just too damn old to change… :sunglasses: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m getting gritted out, so here is what I found.
It’s all here, unless it’s a breakfast or desert sugar is not added.

3 Likes

well kiss my grits. Or ya’ll could call 'em polenta. Just don’t ask me if I want ketchup for my hot dog.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Hell, don’t even go into language differences in the Applications. Every time we use to visit relatives years ago up here it took a few days sometimes for me to understand what they were saying. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Brung in some fast food, not the sop, but water line broke down the hill, so I’ve been gone most of the day.The utility crew has been out there all day now.

:blush:

fjb

6 Likes

The Johnsonville indoor grill is great during cold weather or as a meal prep helper…minds its task perfectly.

fjb

10 Likes

very artistic with the mustard. :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

@Slowest @LarrySr
They look swell, I’m amazed at the snug fit.
That doesn’t look like mustard but the amazing juices that ran out while cooking and have since cooled a bit.
Which way is it you think… the company that makes those grills either knows perfectly the size of a sausage that would fit, smaller works of course but any larger and would not work out so well.
So lets assume that there is a minimum/standard size you make sausages to fit a bun and that’s it. Just tossing out the obvious, I know. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Moosecall
Buddy, I think you been in the cold up there to long. :wink: My mustard remark was about him writing FJB with mustard on the burgers in the first picture. lol

3 Likes

Larry was referring to my recent burger post. I had added some extra catsup and mustard. :yum:

It’s a Johnsonville branded grill made specifically for their sausages. (Hyperlink in post)
I bought some other brand breakfast patties and they were oversized, but could be formed to fit.

fjb

5 Likes

@LarrySr
@Slowest

Opps, I totally messed that up. :roll_eyes: :+1:

3 Likes

Chocolate chip cookie slab w/extra dark chocolate chips.

7 Likes

Pizza yesterday. Regular and overflowing with 2 types of cheese.

7 Likes

Made burgers last night

8 Likes

@Festus

Festus, just thought I would say, looks delicious.
It’s probably the camera angle, it looks like your meat to bun ratio is not a good fit.
But since I have never made fresh buns, I’m definitely not trying to be a critical. LOL

5 Likes

Yeah, never seen ground beef shrink so much. Bad enough the cost has gone up so much lately. I’d rather do my own grind, but it’s slim pickings in our freezer right now and I just wanted a burger!

6 Likes