M*CARBO DINER: What’s For Eats? 🥩

The baby backs are well-rubbed and percolatin’ in the fridge. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow… the longer they sit, the better they get!

6 Likes

Dinner, honey garlic pork side ribs again. The other batch was so tasty had a craving to for more.

11 Likes

I never understood how you yankees can eat that cream of wheat stuff yet turn up your nose at grits… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I love grits actually. Have both in the pantry now.

3 Likes

Good to know. I’ve eaten grits since about age 3. Now my ex used to eat the chocolate version of cream of wheat and once convinced me to try a taste. GACK! :nauseated_face: Have a few yankee cousins that eat com but will not eat grits. One will but she insists on having sugar in them… DOUBLE GACK!

2 Likes

I dont know too many yanks here in Michigan
that dont like grits, but then again, i dont get out much.
Gotta have butter for me, and sorry to say, if im eatin em for a dessert, they will get a nice big lump of dark brown sugar😜

4 Likes

My father side of the family is all from Tennessee. I understand there’s more than one way to eat (and drink) your corn :wink:

5 Likes

Well that explains it-you ain’t a born yankee! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Salt, pepper and butter is good. A slice or three of fresh tomato with 'em is even better! But sugar? Perish the very thought! :nauseated_face: :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t know that I’ve ever had grits :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

You’ve been sheltered/snowed in a lot haven’t you?

Grits are great on a cold morning! Add a pat of sweet cream butter and warm the bones!

6 Likes

Frozen at the moment. These damn sub-zero temps are just stupid. I don’t know why the hell I live in this part of the world lol

7 Likes

Grits are a filler. Mix them with whatever you are eating and you just multiplied it. I like them with eggs and bacon. I mix some grated cheese in my grits also.

6 Likes

Tacos. TACOS. TaCoS. tAcOs.

4 Likes

Shrimp an grits at the Chart house On the savannah river…:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: i can still taste it :exploding_head:
Chart House
(912) 234-6686

4 Likes

@Stircrayzy I have eaten there before. My brother lives in Savannah and he took me there one night during a visit. Great place to eat.

4 Likes

I caught the Hilton Head South Carolina Chart House “Soft Opening” decades ago…Food and Drinks were free and it was at the marina where I had my sailboat and worked. :beers:

3 Likes

PiCs oR NEvEr hApPeNeD !

fjb

6 Likes

too late, we ate the evidence.

6 Likes

Mac and cheese with bacon for lunch…

Eaten with a ka-bar spork

6 Likes