M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO DINER: What’s For Eats?

@dave67 thanks bro, but lets sing the praises of mrs. @Don68! She has been fighting it since 2012!

That’s some pretty hardcore stuff if you ask me!:grin::+1:

8 Likes

@Don68 & @Johnksg
Wishing the best for y’all and your loved ones.

4 Likes

i bought and cooked a 12lb turkey for xmas i love a freshly cooked turkey but because i was sick all over xmas :face_vomiting::drooling_face::unamused:the dog and cats got to enjoy it:woozy_face:

2 Likes

@hunter1916

Know what ya mean, brother! I was down for the count for 3 days, as well… :facepunch:

1 Like

Did a little cooking for my folks while visiting them in Florida over Christmas, finished off the last of the 2018 quail, wrapped in bacon with a slice of fresh pineapple :pineapple: and a sprinkle of Tony Chachere’s…

Served with a slice of cornbread w/ green :hot_pepper: shoe peg corn and sharp cheddar, scrambled eggs, and more sautéed quail…

For supper; Eastern NC chopped pork BBQ smoked over applewood, slaw, roasted red potatoes with cheddar and garlic, another slice of cornbread, and two fingers of Bird Dog 10 yo. Bourbon :tumbler_glass:

All gluten free for Mom.

12 Likes

i be at yours for next christmas,

4 Likes

The more the merrier! We only cooked a shoulder, I really prefer whole hog, but you need a crowd or a ton of freezer bags. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh hell yeah! I’m going to make some this week.

1 Like

The wife and daughter stopped at chik fli a on the way home I opted for some real :chicken:

9 Likes

Make my own jerky, but always from venison. Only problem is I haven’t shot a deer in two years. I make mine from ground venison, which makes it easier to chew and use a Cajun seasoning. It is a big hit even with the women, who you don’t often see eating jerky. Yours looks delicious and pairs well with a fine microbrew I’m sure. Beer and jerky - it’s not just for breakfast anymore! (we’ll see who remembers that reference)

5 Likes

wow… looks amazing…

4 Likes

“Here’s the ultimate recipe. You ready? Kill stuff. Add fire. Eat. Burp. Have a good night. Thank you very much. Drive safely.” – Ted Nugent

(I was beginning to wonder if I would never be able to use that quote!)

8 Likes

Add these Uncle Ted witticisms to your lexicon:
“Whack’em and Stack’em!”
“Gut Piles R Us”
“Cocked, locked and ready to rock, doc!”
On an autograph for a cop buddy:
“Shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot first. F🤬 Miranda!”

6 Likes

All out of likes-again! GRRR!

6 Likes

How can you go wrong with “kill it and grill it”

6 Likes

Pecan wood smoked, dry rubbed country style ribs.

12 Likes

Last nights dinner. Filet with homemade double baked potatoes. Also had salad and homemade bread.
20190420_171541_HDR

11 Likes

15 bean soup, I may be a bit gassy tomorrow lol. But oh so worth it.

10 Likes

Looks delicious! I love to make ham and bean soup with the leftover Christmas and easter ham bones. Fresh batch of cornbread to go with it as well

7 Likes

That is something my family always does also. :+1:

5 Likes