M*CARBO DINER: What’s For Eats? 🥩

I’m thinking BBQ Turkey Jerky… yum! :+1:

5 Likes

@TexasEskimo
LOL, good idea.
Actually this was an experiment/backup turkey. We did one in the oven, turned out OK.
The BBQ turkey, when I dissected it (deboned) looked a bit uncooked near the bottom. I checked it with the thermometer and it was 180°, so should be fine to eat.
I conjure up some food thing in the next day or so.

2 Likes

I don’t usually take pics of my food, but it’s not every day that you see a dick shaped chicken tender

5 Likes

Bubba,
Could be a very strong indication you need to go get laid. :see_no_evil:

Larry :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Last BBQ in 2021…

6 Likes

Snausages…

Y’all know how hard it is to get those links browned evenly!
This thing does the trick, nine minutes flat, Voila!

Comes with trays for patties and the dinner size.

fjb

10 Likes

I really like my Colossal Nathan Hot dogs.

This machine that during winter months and no grill access works perfect.
Warm the buns on top rack rotisserie hot dogs on the bottom. You can’t burn them. It reminds me of the old drug store hot dogs and a real coke. :rofl: :yum:

Only set back is the very large hotdogs you can only do 4 at a time with this machine.

8 Likes

Little one said he was hungry just as I wanted to take a shower. Told him grab something outta the fridge.
Come back around and this is what he got himself…

Peanut butter and strawberry jelly, bacon and carrots.
I think he’s well on his way…

7 Likes

I’ve pretty much given up ever eating hot dogs again

4 Likes

@Slowest @LarrySr
Both look fantastic!

2 Likes

Anybody for Chinese Hot Pot.
I threw this together the other evening to take the chill off.

8 Likes

Soup looks great Marc!
15°F, winter BBQ isnt nearly as much fun as summer, but its a small price to pay for flame grilled /smoked meats! Lamb chops, burgers, filets, and lemon pepper salmon.
Also heating up some hawaiian rolls in the foil.

7 Likes

@Stircrayzy
Over the top again.
The other evening I made another one of those fancied up $3 pizza on the BBQ.
Found out that the gas knobs do not turn on below -19°C… frozen closed.
Didn’t want to use a torch to thaw them, propane and all. So BBQ time is over when it hits the drop in temperature.
However I have an angle.
Bought this for myself for Christmas, it’s to clean and shiny to use right now, and also freezing so it’s maiden voyage will be spring some time. ps… made un U.S.A.
Put it together in one evening, and it was super easy to assemble, crystal clear instructions with foolproof pictures to guide you. No comparison to imports hands down.

4 Likes

Preparing some shrimp for the omelette this morning before I go to work…:fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp::sunglasses:

Done!!! Forgot the shrooms!!! :scream::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Yup, those are really nice size shrimp. I can think up a lot of recipes with those.
I took out some salmon lox that I made a while ago and froze some.
I’m going to prepare dome black glutenous rice and make Salmon nigiri.
Photo pending.
I also have some slabs of corned beef brisket in the brine, needs 5-7 days to brine.
Cheers,

6 Likes

If that red thing is what a wimp for hot stuff thinks it is, no wonder you don’t need much electricity to stay warm. :laughing: :laughing:

Larry :innocent: :innocent:

2 Likes

We are doing keto shrimp alfredo, but im currently stuck in the worlds longest grocery store checkout line with ingredients.
Anyone else noticing that checkouts still feel like the day before thanksgiving. Im shopping about twice a week, and its been like this for over a month now…
20 minutes in, and this far to go…

4 Likes

I still vividly recall my first Thai meal. Had been seeing a new place open across from the Kroger I frequented in Macon GA so one day I decided to try it out (I’m a huge chinese nut!) Looking at the menu I had no idea what most of it was so I asked the waitress what to try for the first time. She rec’d the Pad Thai. The menu had three heat levels listed so I went with ‘medium’-which is how I like my mexican. Big f’ing mistake!!! About halfway through it I pushed the plate away and started begging for a large dish of ice cream! I had tears in my eyes it was that damn hot! And later? Don’t ask! Even the ice cream didn’t help very much… I started going there regularly afterwards (they had a really cute waitress) but I always specified mild or ‘wussy’ heat. I dunno how those folks eat that stuff!

4 Likes

@SnuffySmiff
Yup, I am adding the hot stuff as I know will be fine then kick it up when in the plate after the taste test!
Here is my latest hot sauce purchase earlier today. Can’t wait to try some.
Cheers,

4 Likes

My neighbor manages an Indian restaurant nearby. I ALWAYS have him chose and prepare my entree. He makes it “mild”, a really relative and subjective term in his home country evidently. He always includes a glass of cold milk on the side without me asking (and a nice Indian brand beer). Good food.

5 Likes