M*CARBO DINER: What’s For Eats? 🥩

Whole pearl onions and 12 celery stalks added…

Keep at taste while cooking for another 4 hours and done.

4 Likes

@Thatoneguy
Dude, were you a cook in the army, looks like your cooking for one.
LOL
I do the same, and the overflow leftovers go into our freezer for quick meals and I take them on my quest if I can.

3 Likes

Cooking for 4. This will get us 2.5 sit downs depending on how much the little one eats.

2 Likes

Wings and sweet potato’s in the Airfryer.

6 Likes

and some weird shit Anyone tried them???

3 Likes

Have had deep fried pickles several times, of which some breaded and some battered.
Neither way with the bacon. The battered was not good, the breaded was OK, unless baked to long, then coating gets to hard to eat. The bacon might even the playing field adding a ton of fat to the breading. A guess. They look good.

1 Like

What a waste of bacon…

4 Likes

Oh My, my absolute favorite desert. :yum:
Larry :innocent:

IMG_1044

3 Likes

Nice , looks very similar to mine. Do you use a touch of cayenne pepper
and a tad of any other spices in it?

3 Likes

No, I haven’t. Sounds damn good and an interesting twist. May try that or some good smoky paprika.

3 Likes

Unconventional cooking, hot plate chicken wings, low and slow…
Ummm, what’s this… that picture didn’t look out of focus when I took it. LOL :beer:

4 Likes

Another variation… BBQ pizza

And steaks

7 Likes

I smoked another marinated fresh turkey breast over hickory chunks on the Weber today. This one turned out better than the Thanksgiving one (it marinated almost 5 full days!) The dogs are now plotting to commit mutiny over the leftovers. Hoping Santa will bring me a decent camera this year-this one was almost too purty to eat!

7 Likes

@SnuffySmiff

That was a deliciously described teaser, even a fuzzy photo would compliment.

Been meaning to try smoking some turkey, not a whole one to start.
Last Christmas I picked up a smoked turkey from the market. WHAT a difference, even the white meat, I’m not a fan off, was juicy and perfect, not as salty as I expected. :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve had it deep fried twice. First time it was undercooked, the second, way overdone. Still, not bad. Second time he had ‘injected’ it under the skin with cajun seasoning. Much quicker than smoking but I like foolin’ with all the ritual involved with smoking. And it figures-I’m all out of likes-again!

4 Likes

I looked at our version of BRIAN’S BOURBON CHILI.

I love chili and have fooled around as a crummy cook for years experimenting.

I was served at a function one time and never tried anything since. :rofl:

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper is in ours . We are wimps so if you are brave go for more. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Gives a good tasteful kick IMHO.

If anyone wants the receipt I wall post it. :yum:

4 Likes

Nobody is a bad cook, if you follow recipes, hard to go wrong. I on the other hand drift off the recipe often. So with that said, and to make you feel better about your cooking skills, below is a picture of my 1st ever attempt at baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for Christmas, I made them yesterday. They literally turned out looking like small piles of S%^&T, see photo below. They did pass the taste test though. I didn’t let the boiled oats cool long enough and added the chocolate chips to soon which accounts for the results. And the cranberries and walnuts add to the texture.
Trial and error, trial and error, never give up… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Since discovering both how tasty they are plus they help lower blood sugar levels, I’ll eat cranberries on just about anything. Well, maybe not on pizza…

5 Likes

Also good for the kidneys…

4 Likes

Pizza and brewskie @ Blue Mountain Pizza……:pizza::beers:

@Weaverville

TIME: NOW

5 Likes