M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO DINER: What’s For Eats? 🥩

Almost forgot to ask. I just bought a bottle to try.
Has anyone tried this hot sauce?
I’m assuming so as it is made in the US.
But thought to ask for you opinion before opening, what it’s best with.
Cheers,

2 Likes

Constipation…I need some…:scream::fire:

1 Like

OK

I’m hoping to “circle back” on that one. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What can I substitute for PIT BOSS SWEET HEAT RUB?

Yep, good stuff. Goes well on eggs, fries, burgers and tacos. Any time you want a bit of hot, it gets it done. Not overpowering.

2 Likes

I make my own with a cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup onion powder, 1/4 garlic powder, 2 TBS smoked paprika and 1 or 2 TBS of cayenne pepper, depending on the heat level I want. I use that rub for all my smoked meats.

4 Likes

I just skip the middle man, throw down some plastic sheeting, shotgun a bottle or two of magnesium citrate and let the festivities commence… :grinning:

4 Likes

I stick with Frank’s Red Hot, “I put that S**T on everything”

4 Likes

Never tried the Tapatío, but can vouch for all of these to their degree of spiciness.

2 Likes

OMG!
I’m a wimp at hot spicy stuff anyway, but I tried that green Shi$$ on the far right and thought I was going to need oxygen administered.
Larry :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

As a winemaker and consumer of good tasting foods, I would never overpower heat with hot stuff. I like subtle flavors too much.:face_with_monocle::wine_glass::grapes:

5 Likes

In my much younger years I use to put habanero extract in my BBQ sauce. I reheated wings on a cookie sheet once and washed the tray. My wife made cookies a week later and they were Spicy hot chocolate chip cookies. My wife was mad but I loved them. I had to go buy a new cookie sheet for her.

4 Likes

Dinner is ready!

9 Likes

Happy Memorial day. :beers::beers::beers: cheers, to the brothers who didnt make it home and paid the ultimate price to preserve freedom.!

8 Likes

44edae09a7c946ea957cb22a909f3d33

2 Likes

@Moosecall , I honestly don’t think I’ll ever make briskets anymore. I will make the poor mans burnt ends. They tasted better than a brisket in my opinion. Everyone that ate them said that they could eat a whole tray of it.

2 Likes

Awesome.

Like to add that I bout a brisket a while back checked out cleaning it up.

Made most into corned beef as I had the stuff to make a salt brine.

Was great.

The rest I think I ground into crazy fatty hamburger.

Did know about burnt ends but didn’t have a smoker so I passed.

To bad…

Next round won’t make that mistake again, now have a Gerber and can do it with charcoals.

Stay tuned and you grub is always looking so good.

Cheers,

I prefer to use Lump Charcoal. It adds the needed smoke without the charcoal briquette chemical taste. I will occasionally add peach or apple wood but not all the time. Just remember, meat only takes smoke for the first 3 hours, anything after is overkill and you just want a light smoke flavor. I’ve also learned not to soak the wood in water, it can make your meat have a bitter taste.

3 Likes

@Beezer
Great tips, when I cold smoked fish I used a heavy cold smoke with soaked maple shavings for 6-8 hours. They had a very strong smoked flavour. Never thought twice about it, that is what I was shown, how we did it at the lodge.
Cheers,

1 Like

After 3 hours I wrap the meat in foil and put back in the smoker, if it’s cold out and harder to keep the 225° temp, I will put them in the oven at that point. Wrapping in foil and low heat for many hours is what makes it tender.

2 Likes