M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO Bolt Tube Cover question

Hello,
I am wanting to purchase the M-CARBO Bolt Tube Cover for my gen2, I fully understand the how to order the correct size for my SUB2K. Metal Collar, no sling mount.
My question is…If I decide to go with the QD Single Point Sling Mount in the future would I have to trim the M-CARBO Bolt Tube Cover to allow the extra space for the addition of a sling mount?
Thanks,
Lou

All Things SUB-2000!

6 Likes

@louie088 I do not have the sling mount but I believe it either clamps over the metal collar or possibly sits in front of it. Either way I don’t believe it will require additional trimming of the buffer tube/receiver extension cover. Other brothers should be able to confirm or refute my response, but I feel like the collar shouldn’t move based on the addition of the sling mount as the collar is what cinches the grip halves over the buffer tube and must remain tight.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the prompt reply! I was only curious because the question about having a sling mount is asked when adding the Bolt Tube Cover part to my cart.
Thanks again,
Lou

5 Likes

@louie088

Careful though. Many of us have experience sets that precede the plastic nut and the associated increase in bolt tube exposure.

I expect Chris and team may be offering solutions for problems that didn’t exist when we clothed our tubes. I suggest you call them. I urge you call if you have the plastic castle nut.

6 Likes

I got the single sling mount and I had to trim the bolt tube cover.Very easy to do.The single mount tightens on the tube not the coller

7 Likes

This is what I am thinking too… Thank you Brother Joavid!
\m/:laughing:\m/

4 Likes

I have the version with metal collor/nut.
Good lookin though! Thanks!

3 Likes

@louie088 I must sincerely apologize for my absolutely piss-poor reading comprehension. You did clearly say single point mount and all the while I was looking at the production info on the double. Looks like for the single it would need to be trimmed. Think I’ll go soak my head now… :slightly_smiling_face:

@Dred When did they change the collars? Is that a recent thing? Is it an improvement/upgrade?

5 Likes

No worries at all brother @chilipepper !!! lol

5 Likes

If you have an S2K with the metal collar nut you will need to trim the bolt tube cover for the “new style” single point sling mount. The old style fit over the metal collar nut, but the new style fits over the buffer tube. The old style also had the ability to attach the sling on either side without moving the mount whereas the new one mounts with only either left or right side. After purchasing a couple more S2K’s with the metal collar nut I went to order 2 more sling mounts. That’s when I discovered the redesign of the sling mount that fits on the buffer tube. Needless to say, I was disappointed with the new style. I called MCARBO and voiced my concerns. I was told I was not the only one. They said they would be making some old style again and would call me when the do. I’m still waiting on that call.
Here’s a pic of my old style SPS mount.

7 Likes

@Texprep Thank you! I really like the sling mount you have on yours.

3 Likes

I have the single point sling mount on my S2K with the metal collar mounted behind the metal collar. The issue with the tube cover using the single point mount is that you have to not only trim the rear of the cover, you have to also trim the front of the cover in order to view the serial number. If you order the double point mount, it will install over the meatal collar and the tube cover does not have to be trimmed on the front.

4 Likes

There is enough space on the tube cover to compensate for the QD sling Mount even with full LOP setting.

2 Likes

Glad to see this topic. I just started ordering parts for my Sub2K. I have the tube cover on the way. I have the metal collar and am anticipating ordering the QD double in the future, so that’s what I picked for the bolt tube cover when I ordered. I have also seen where some have said that the QD double has been out of stock, although I did not see that on the page when ordering. Should I expect issues with ordering this bolt tube cover, and eventually the QD double? Is anyone still waiting to receive those parts?

2 Likes

@TexasVet, I am hoping for 2 more of the double QD mounts. I have one on my first S2K. Need two more for my MSERIES 9MM S2K and my MSERIES .40 cal. S2K.

3 Likes