M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO Beverage Shop

@chris19d
What is your favorite adult beverage?

5 Likes

I’m normally a single malt scotch guy, primarily ones from the Islay region. Lagavulin 16, and Balvinie 17 double wood are a couple favorites of mine.

Currently I’m on a rum kick, really enjoying Plantation 5 year.

My all time favorite beer is Samuel Smith’s oatmeal stout. My preferred cheep beer is coors. I used to home brew my own beer but havent done any in a couple years.

6 Likes

I like Tequila Prefer Anjeo.
Hornitos or Tres Generaciones

5 Likes

I’ve been starting to try aged tequilas I’ll have to to give those a try

4 Likes

And “Gold” isn’t really Tequila, its a blend of sorts

4 Likes

one of 2. Don Q Gran Anejo Rum, or Hennessy Black Cognac, Beer, Is Guinness Extra Stout

4 Likes

I have a Gluten allergy and I really like this cider called Blakes Hard Cider. I believe they are out of Michigan. Favorite kind is “El Chavo” Its Mango and Habanero infused!

6 Likes

Bourbons: WL Weller Special Reserve, Stagg Jr, Chattanooga Whiskey 1816 Cask, Clyde Mays to name a few.
Scotch and Single Malts: Aberlour A’Bunadh, Balcones Special Edition Texas Single Malt, Balvenie Caribbean Cask, Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, McCallan 12.

5 Likes

Either a small snifter of Fireball or a Wild Turkey 101 and ginger ale highball when at home. Camping and cooking outside is beer territory and I prefer Coors Light for that.

4 Likes

Scotch, brandy or a nice cold Steinlager.

5 Likes

I am with you there popeye!

4 Likes

My favorite beers are stouts, dunkle.
Chocolate Stouts, Coffee Stouts, Imperial Stouts.
High ABV’s. I brew on occasion but not for a while.
OTC beers: Coors Light.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention the house staple, Dickel #12 Tennessee Sour Mash. Don’t know why Jack Daniels gets all the love, Dickel is better.

4 Likes

Fire waters:

Johnny Walker Blue
Jack Single Barrel - will try the Dickel if I ever see it for sale.
Silver or Platinum Tequila

Beer

Dragon Stout
Duvel

My number one favorite trouble making concoction is both. I can’t stay mad after an Irish Car Bomb or three. My favorite variant is shot of 151 and shot of Bailey’s dropped into a half pint of Guinness.

7 Likes

@Dred, Make sure it’s the Dickel 12 or the Barrel Select, the one with the black label is forgettable.

5 Likes

I’m mostly a beer guy. Love Yuengling! If I feel like a few shots it’s usually SoCo. If I drink a mixed drink, which is rarely, I enjoy captain Morgan and coke. An occasional Bloody Mary as well

10 Likes

Chocolate Milk. Still to this day. Yes, a guilty pleasure. But Jack and Coke been my thing lately. When I DO drink, which isn’t often.

8 Likes

@d.kaufman2154
I like Yuengling “Black & Tan” but it’s hard to find here.

6 Likes

Took a vacation to the East Coast and fell in love with Yuengling Lager. Brought back 4 cases. Fast forward 2 years later and Yuengling is distributed to Louisiana (it’s not available in Budweiser Country Aka: Texas!). Quick 2 hour drive across the TX-LA border and hit the first Kroger I could find and bought them out.

Felt like Smokey and the Bandit with 65 cases of Yuengling Lager loaded up and back to Texas! East bound and down…

7 Likes

I live about an hour or less from that brewery. That stuff is VERY prevalent around here. Black and Tan was my dad’s fav.

6 Likes