Lucky Strikes Bowling Alley

Went bowling with friends last night. I took HOA with a solid 257 and the wife took 2nd place with a 204. I throw a Brunswick Prism and I’m looking to add a few more Brunswick balls to the bag. Any bowlers in the group? Post your gear and scores!

16 Likes

Used to be a regular bowler, mostly just enjoy smashing pins, and hangin out. Im good for a solid 120, using a random ball i found comfortable after sampling every ball in the place. My old alley insisted i just take it home. Its in a jenky plaid bag in my garage, never been polished. :sunglasses: nowhere near a @kona level pro… but success is relative :beers::beers:

10 Likes

My gear is any ball at the bowling alley that will fit my fingers, and my score usually runs around 152 give or take.

10 Likes

Gave my BBs to my daughters Rottweilers for a backyard toys. One of the few toys they haven’t destroyed YET.

11 Likes

Haven’t leagues bowled for 20+ years. Carried a 180 avg using a 12 lb mud ball left handed.

7 Likes

@Thatoneguy I throw one handed right handed but can also throw two handed left handed haha

6 Likes

Like everything, in Texas, bowling is a bit different…

Bowling_So_Many_Pins

And the ladies leagues are very competitive…

tumblr_6ecc9d1988bb528af067516b0b818066_d093d392_400

14 Likes

Wow! The competition must have gruelling. Right down to the wire.

20220319_180003

20220319_175929

Honestly, you two must have been the only sober folks in the joint.

But… Congratulations!!! :+1::+1:

[Please don’t ban me. I just made my monthly forum dues payment]

11 Likes

Obviously, we cant have a bowling thread without mentioning the greatest bowling movie of all time, and summoning the jesus.

(Yes Big Lebowski beats Kingpin, but thats a topic for another thread) :grin::laughing:

11 Likes

@Kona

I bowled off and on for most of my life but haven’t since 2004 because of knee and back injuries. Hope this doesn’t sound like bragging but here goes. I bowled part time on the senior PBA tour from 1999-2001. I bowled for a national title on ESPN in 99 but lost and finished second. I won 2 PBA senior regional titles, one in 99 and one in 2001. I have a PBA 300 game ring and an 800 set ring. I was fortunate enough to travel and make many friends during those years. They were fun and crazy times.

10 Likes

The dude was cool. One of my favorite jeff bridges characters. And now for a memorable kingpin moment. Somebody was bound to do it might as well get it over with. https://images.app.goo.gl/rdDNavb9V1D44n597

8 Likes

@Ironbutt70 thats awesome! I’ve thrown a 279 twice as a high game. 9/ the 4th frame both times. Strikes everything else.

7 Likes

@TexasEskimo lol just some friends that don’t bowl as much as us. We were all pretty trashed though. I bowl better drunk haha

10 Likes

I allways enjoyed bowling and billards because theres few other sports where you can have a few cold beers during the game. And like you say kona seem to get better after a cold brew limbers you up a little. But theres that line where your better better better then horrible :joy: im more in the billiards then bowling. Thank highest score i ever had bowling was around 180. Now my dad was a league player years ago with 260 average and hardest damn throw i ever seen. He used 18 pound ball and when it hit pins and backstop sound like explosion. He had to give it up after couple hand surgeries.

9 Likes

No, can’t help, but have had ideas about bowling. Say 32 lanes of targets going different speeds, colors, curving. On the side with, say, a 7mm08, Remington 700 and a 2x power Leupold. Lotsa fun.

1 Like

Picked up my first 4-10 split tonight!

13 Likes