Looking Sharp! (Knife Pic Thread) And Other Non-Firearm Weapons 🗡️

I know…really interesting too given the cost for the rifle and compressor package is about $1200. 6 pack of arrows is $67. Overall about the same some would put into a nice bow/bolt shooting setup for hunting that I’ve seen.

Check the legalities surrounding the hunting with them before buying I’d say :v:t2:

3 Likes

Every man on the planet opinion on that…

44XIb7bb1nX3y

Looking forward to your review!

6 Likes

How about spearing fish with it? Lol :person_shrugging:

Remember the SMG spear guns from the 70’s? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Agreed, I need to confirm that first.
Also, if you get 25-30 shots with one compressed air tank I am fine with the pump (1000 pumps to fill it), I only need one shot maybe two in the field. Otherwise my home compressor will work just fine beforehand and only need a hand full of arrows, so I think the cost will be under $800 which is great and it only weighs 8 pounds. It’s take down distance with scope is up to 75 yards. I’m good with all the pro’s and con’s, just need to confirm when it’s legal to hunt with during bow and muzzle loader season. Also an added bonus. When applying for tags in that window there is a greater chance of getting a tag.

5 Likes

My first attempt at making a Kydex sheath. Or Kydex anything.

7 Likes

Im no plastic smith dung sir. But i believe the kydex must be heated and formed around knife. The pic you posted doesnt look like it will have much retention :joy: look forward to seeing finished sheath wicked looking dagger/boot knife. And i like the blaze/safety orange plastic you chose. Half of my wardrobe consist of that color orange shorts, shirts, hats, sweaters.

5 Likes

@HandyDave I confess that I have no idea what I am doing but I am going to give it a try. I picked that boot knife intentionally because of what you observed. It came with a thick leather sheath that has a snap for retention. I want something thinner and less bulky. And waterproof since I mostly use this knife when on my boat.

I don’t know how I’m going to do it yet, but the game plan is to find a way to make that hilt ‘click’ into the sheath like a pistol.

2 Likes

Don’t laugh. I cut a couple of sheets to get a feel for heating and molding. Aesthetics were not a consideration. This experiment/prototype will get tossed.

Key learnings from this first try:

• In the final product, covering the hilt to achieve retention is not necessary. The kydex sandwich holds the blade surprisingly tight.
  • I need the think about some kind of clip.
  • The kydex gets soft quickly @ 320 deg F. You have to work fast because it hardens in about a minute.
  • I think I should bond the edges.

2 Likes

Now the beta. Much better. I went with a one piece taco vs. sandwich.

8 Likes

I know my opinion means nothing, but I think that the taco looks better. Much cleaner

5 Likes

Yeah… no man likes a dirty “taco”…

4 Likes

@Dung
For sure the folded looks cleaner.
How do you address the blade not hitting the rivets and dull it?
Guessing it just doesn’t because it’s to tight at that spot??? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Correct. But as it wears I expect that would be the case. It’s a cheap knife and the blade is a lot harder than the rivets, so I’m not going to worry about it.

The fit is surprisingly tight. The knife will not fall out.

I have been wanting to try making sheaths and holsters out of kydex from some time. So I bought a few sheets and took the plunge. The big players have special ovens and presses, dummy guns and knives. I’m doing this with a coping saw in my kitchen. I watched some UBoob videos but found them tedious.

For a really nice, expensive fixed blade knife I’d go with leather. But tactical gear… it’s more important to me it be functional, light weight, waterproof and able to take a beating. Having some fabrication skills and experience is helpful. Or upholstering. It’s obvious to me that the more time you spend on the pattern the better it will turn out.

The second orange sheath is not much to look at. I’ll get better at that. But functionally, it works great.

5 Likes

Just ordered the Civivi Conspirator in Damascus. The wait is already killing me! :weary::weary:

12 Likes

I love the look of Damascus blades, but I’d be afraid to use them lol. Then I’d have a blade that gets used as much as @TexasEskimo uses his Kimber :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

@Savage636 ooofff lol. I’ll use it. No safe queens in my house.

7 Likes

That’s a smexy number.

If it had a screw driver, a file and a saw … I’d be searching for my own. Yes, I have a leatherman problem.

I actually have a better than crap custom damascus with holster. I love it. But only the leathermans ever get carried. Figured long time back that I need plyers or screwdrivers much more often than I need blades. I suspect this may change when plasma cutters and welders shrink to pocket size.

But this’n is easy nice enough irregardless of my utility needs.

6 Likes

Thatll be in my edc when they do…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Stircrayzy
They make them, just need to buy the space suit to carry it. lol

7 Likes

Has anyone heard of these? Made by Henry Arms Company. NOT HENERY REPEATING ARMS.

4 Likes