M*CARBO Brotherhood

Looking for general advice travelling w/ legal pistol

When i look at my post, one little sentence appears unless i go to pg 1

1 Like

What ever you do do not drive through NJ, that’s where most of the the interstate travel horror storys occur.

4 Likes

Avoid at all costs NY and the PRC. Check your state laws regarding reciprocal agreements with other states. There is also the Federal FOPA which allows travel through states with legally owned firearms as long as you only stop for food fuel etc. Some states require you to have them secured, like in a lock box or trunk, magazines empty and stored separately. One thing I do is carry copies of the receipts that shows I paid for said firearms. I know sometimes that isn’t possible but you can’t be too careful in the current environment.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to avoid Washington, DC & Philadelphia, Pa. The NE corridor in general is a NO NO ! Do your homework first before traveling.

2 Likes

I’d suggest getting a copy of this, Gun Law Guide for the 50 States

6 Likes

Get an app. They are cheap and update frequently. :face_with_monocle::sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

3 Likes

Gotta say … the North East USA sucks. I spent days plotting a legal route from TX to NY. I even tried routing through the midwest - but arrival in the NE made me a criminal any way I sliced it.

Left the firearms home and flew. Had my NYC Cop friend pick pick me up at the airport. I was shocked to learn he was not carrying. Cops are required to carry 'round these parts.

4 Likes

Rule of thumb, avoid the New England states in general. Main and Vermont are good but ya have to go through hell to get there. Stay away from big dem city’s

3 Likes

Don’t forget Illinois is a no-go for firearms.

3 Likes

Massachusetts has a mandatory 1 year in jail for a hand gun if you don’t have a mass FID card and whatever else they require these days. (From mass) they will lock you up.

3 Likes

Thanks all! Gotta go through ri, ct, ny, nj,de md… VA to FL no problem… might just not bring one. I think a sheathed 2 3/4" paring knife locked in the glovebox will have to do.

1 Like

Probably not a terrible idea. Maybe a nice machete’ too.

It would be easier (maybe cheaper) to fly, rent a car and check the gun.

3 Likes

Maybe a small spray bottle with Windex & more ammonia in it just to clean your windshield. Just don’t carry any HP bullets in NJ period ! ! ! I always travel with a wood cane to assist me when walking.

Stay out of Illinois

1 Like