M*CARBO Brotherhood

Looking for a fix

Installed a adjustable trigger in a Sig SP 2022.

Now I have noticed the set screws are digging into the polymer frame.
I like the trigger and need fix.
Maybe a drop of epoxy / J. B. Weld?
Other than going back to the stock trigger this is all I have come up for a fix.

5 Likes

@Captainjack88 I had that gun and trigger and never had any problems luckily. Fun little gun but I ended up selling it when it stopped getting love and started rotting in the safe.

4 Likes

a drop of vibra tite should do it.

4 Likes

@GOBLIN
Hey Buck
Was hoping you’d jump in on this.
The screw is not moving. I used red lock tight when I set everything. It’s chewing into the polymer. I’ve had to reset the screw once already (out). Need to fill the hole it has created and stop the digging. Reset trigger with lock tight again.

2 Likes

@Kona
I had the 229 17 years ago. Had to let go in hard times. Pick up the SP 5yrs ago to get back into the Sig World. It’s what I could afford.

3 Likes

@Captainjack88 How about a nylon set screw and then J.B.Weld for the frame repair?

3 Likes

I’m no gun smith but have a machinists background and that set screw looks cross threaded a bit

3 Likes

@Don68
Doing a test now.
JB weld and another type of two part epoxy
Mixed and will let set on a practice piece of plastic. Will let it set then pick at it, punch it, etc. try to make a hole to see how tuff it is.

3 Likes

retap the hole the find or trim the length on tha set screw. how many turns in are you?

2 Likes

@rcdave09
Not crossed thread for sure.

4 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOO i see stop digging in the frame steel against poly. put a vacume cap over screw set till you get right. puts a rubber bumper on it.

6 Likes

Hey that’s one of my Old Bush Fixes :rofl:

4 Likes

bump stop is a bump stop brother. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: ive even used brass screws so they wouldnt mar up things before. or a dab if plasti-dip into the socket of the screw with a coat on top to keep the area thin. Jus a bumper.

4 Likes

I dealt with a screw like that on one of my air gun triggers and I used a small hobby file to round off the end of the screw. It looks like the sharp edges of the very end of the threads are digging in?

5 Likes