M*CARBO Brotherhood

Longevity Of Polymer Parts

Hi Brothers,

I have done a couple of the M Carbo upgrades to my Sub 2000. (bolt tube cover and charging handle cover) Before I move ahead on the aluminum trigger, trigger guard and the steel feed ramp, how robust are the OEM polymer parts? I am very happy with the way the gun is functioning now and I am hesitant to mess around with it too much. Thanks.

3 Likes

I have had no problems with any of the polymer parts on mine. My S2K is in my GHB and is tossed into the back of my truck daily. It goes everywhere with me. Can I recommend the complete trigger kit as SS feed ramp to you. The difference in the trigger is remarkable.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike. Did Kel Tec do the install of your parts? How long did it take to get your Sub back?

Get organized with Yahoo Mail

2 Likes

No, I installed them. With the help of the step by step video Chris has on the MCARBO site, it went smoothly. I have heard that Kel-Tec will do them for $40.00 and turn around time is about 2 weeks.
If you do it yourself, watch the complete video first. Then as you do the work watch and pause the video as you advance step by step.

6 Likes

I am doing a full MCARBO upgrade on my buddy’s SUB2000 next Friday. I can hardly wait!!!

3 Likes

@Partsed

Ed, it is now May 18th and The Brotherhood does not know how you made out with your buddy’s upgrade? Is he pleased? :smiley:

3 Likes

LOL!!! We ended up moving his ammo from the main level of his house down to his basement into his ammo safes. And by the time we got done with that :flushed: (counting/inventorying it) we agreed to do it another day. :joy:

3 Likes

@Partsed

Ed, I did not know that you had ‘opted’ to train for the STRONGMAN COMPETITION? LMAO I am sure you got us all ‘anxious’ of learning your results, brother? Many thanks for sharing! This is what separates this ‘forum’ from any other… Blessings.

3 Likes

Thanks for the “friendly reminder”, I will hit him up about upgrading his SUB2K when he gets back from vacation with his significant other.

3 Likes

BTW, I was sore the next day from all the moving. When it was all said and done-he told me “I didn’t know I had that much ammo” :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes