M*CARBO Brotherhood

Long Term Weapon Storage

lil bit of advice my uncle gave me about selling guns, “never sell in haste, anything you know you will never be able to replace” done me well over the years, even when i had to tighten my belt a few notches.

5 Likes

pictures of the location and the box in question? exposed to the elements ?

1 Like

@GOBLIN sure I can send you a pic tomorrow, but won’t us it now that I have announced to the entire Internet where it is! :roll_eyes:

I need to do something, and that is the problem, no one sells anything. It just keeps piling up, generation after generation.

2 Likes

@Johnksg
I definitely need to know where it is.
When I’m done with the dishes I want to go shooting. :v::v:

3 Likes

@Captainjack88 we have a great range and I am very proud of it. I was there all day today working in our target shop. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post for the brotherhood. :grin::+1:

5 Likes

@Captainjack88 and @GOBLIN you know in this day and age that might not be a bad business to get into…secure weapon storage!

3 Likes

@Johnksg I wonder what kind of regulations they have in Oregon about off site storage of firearms? :thinking:

4 Likes

@Johnksg
I came across a web site recently that if you are having mental health issues and want to seek help from a Dr. you can give your guns to them. When things are better you get them back.

5 Likes

@godallmighty I don’t know what the regulations are but worth looking into. You know we dodged a bullet this year but I promise that storage law will be back.

And how many people want to spend $2,500 for a gun safe that can be broken into in less than 10 minutes?

Not to mention the liability.

Now if we had a storage vault at the range…

6 Likes

@godallmighty @Captainjack88 much of Europe already does this. I wont say I like it but there is no denying that storage of weapons is going to become a big issue in America.

7 Likes

Well since I sit on the board, and I know we carry a ridiculous amount of liability and personal property insurance, I think we should look into this.

We could build a secure, temperature controlled vault, charge folks to store weapons there both long term and short term. We could also work for estates, a holding facility for museums, and individuals affected by red flag laws…

7 Likes

you would havce to have 24/7 access, and be immune to confiscation plus would have to have a legal team to set up trusts.

5 Likes

@GOBLIN well I do to the first points you made. We have a keypad entry and an on-sight live in care taker. A trust must be done by the owner, they cost about $100. (We could sell the forms like many gunshops do). As far as immune to confiscation…no one is in this country. If the government wants it they will take it.

6 Likes

see , thats the thing, some butthead politician with inflamed ovaries just has to seize from one spot with no paper, no excuse, and no indignant owners requiring a SWAT team. what would be in place to keep them from seizing them all?
not being political, im not good at that. im being a realist :smiling_imp:.

8 Likes

@GOBLIN I get what your layin down bro but they can do the same thing w/ retailers, private collectors, etc. The consequences must come from us…“we the people” to hold them accountable.

Enough said I don’t want one of mods to shut us down.:worried:

6 Likes

I concur :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::smiling_imp:

5 Likes

So I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the long term store a weapon? What products, what proceedures do you use?

3 Likes

@Johnksg image

3 Likes

@Johnksg https://www.zerustproducts.com/products/firearms-ammo-weapons/vci-gun-storage-bags/

4 Likes

@Captainjack88 now was that so hard guys? I looked this product up on Midway, I like what I see! :grin::+1:

3 Likes