M*CARBO Brotherhood

Lone wolf CNC program glitch?

Drop your glocks and grab your…barrels.got my ALPHA WOLF today(2 days early yay!)and it has the same groove cut in the hood!2 on a row can’t be coincided.now since lone wolf and alpha come from the same parent metal,it’s a no

brainer that they are the same barrel up to a ceartin point.so now I’m wondering if the cnc program has a glitch.would u guys look at your barrels and if you have it too? And how old they are?I want to get a little Intel…it may only be cosmetic in witch case I don’t care…

2 Likes

I would send the pics to them and ask if it’s ok to shoot it? Can’t see why not?

I needed to clean mine anyway…

Here’s mine after ~500 rounds in my G26 Gen4. I never looked this close…how’s mine look? Shoots fine.

3 Likes

Boy it sure it looks it’s in yours too! From ceartin in angles it’s invisible.but I’ve always had a knack for spotting things and looking at things nobody else does.im meen who looks at they’r barrel hood right? Someone told me it was a “feed aid” I don’t think so.too minute and not well defined.i don’t beileve it will affect anything,I just wanna know how many other people got it too! For peace of mind.im planning on breaking it in tomorrow and keeping it anyway.its an OCD “need to know” thing :thinking: :crazy_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Your last picture and my first picture look way different to me. Mine looks smooth to me. Are we looking at the same area? I can take another pic if you like.

2 Likes

Hmmm.could be a shadow.then again you have a different barrel.if my theaory is correct,it would only apply to the G19 barrel as that CNC program would be solely dedicated to that particular barrel.then the glitch wouldn’t show up on any other barrel as each program is written independently.thats what’s got a bug up my butt! I got a LW and then an AW wolf with the same defect…somethin weird goin on

2 Likes

WHOM SO EVER THAT HAS LWD G19 BARRELS COME FORTH NOW!(please)

1 Like

Best I could do…mine is smooth…you might be onto something with the G19 barrel program.

2 Likes

Sure is mate.program is the only thing that makes sense.i ran the welding department floor for a number of years for a company that made some fairly complicated concrete finishing equipment,so I had plenty of interaction with the machine shop and maneger.thats why I zeroed in on that-if u pardon the pun.they may need to tweek a couple numbers on that radius cutting step to take that divot out.i kinda find it hard to believe that they don’t know about it… :thinking:

1 Like

My G19 is smooth, but its a 2018 model. still got the stock barrel setting in the container why i know the date. i would send em a picture, ask em a question, if they say no issue i would buff it out, make it slick. let me know what they say.
I would also check the runout in the spindle bearing, getting that lil divot kick like that,.

3 Likes

Yeah no,other than “buff it out” I have no idea WTF you just said! A:the divot is WAY deeper than buffing range and it runs right to the edge of the chamber.2:did you not read the specs on the web sight on the hardness?!? The steel is hardend to 40/42, the SBN gives it a surface hardness of 60! Screw that vaughto!

2 Likes

Oh and I just left them a long message.they still owe me money too so they will call back anyway…its GOT to be a CNC glitch or they had a WHOLE bunch of bad barrels get out…did u get my message about lone wolf trigger and your gimpy/right hand problem? They r trigger saftey blade looks nice

2 Likes

Looking at the trigger. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: we used to call it fareing in or blending a bump smooth it out with a drimmel to shape. then sand and buff to micron finish. i fall into machinist speak sometimes…
suggested it could be a bad spindle head bearing on their CNC causing tooling to bump /jump when unloaded off cut…

2 Likes

Looks to me that the endmill is getting push off while in the cut. When it intersects the bore diameter, it’s digging in. You can dig into spindle bearings or tool holders etc, but every machine does that kind of stuff. Even brand new ones. The only way to stop that from happening is stay off of it on the roughing passes a little maybe .010” or so then take a finish pass with a slow feed rate. I run into stuff like that pretty often. They just need a good machinist that takes pride in their work.

3 Likes

I looked at my G26 factory barrel. The area is smooth as butt-er. :butter:

It’s Perfection!!!.. :grinning: :flushed: :boom:

2 Likes

@Lurch If you get O satisfaction from Lone Wolf, (2 for 2 is Unacceptable) try another manufacturer. It appears they have gone the way of other manufacturers that make a great product, get the name out…then figure how to cut back on quality to make a buck or two.

I would suggest looking at Wheaton Arms manufacturers. I hear they don’t BS with their workmanship and prices are good…for what they offer. Talk with Robbie. Show him your pics. or the link to this thread.

Best of luck amigo.

https://wheatonarms.com/

3 Likes

RIGHT! THIS little rant is going to coincide with what Mr.Hountin Munter replied.“SMOOTH ASS BUTTER” ME VAUGHTOS! Well the ALPHA shoots straight enough-better than the glock OEM even during break in, but DAMMITT,the machine/finish work on the chamber face and ALL edges rear of the barrel is just not up to lone wolf’s reputation! Check it,this is my honest evaluation-well,opinion at end.i oiled everything and fed about 75(115grn)rnds thru it 0 issues of course!(Remington UMC,Fiocci&Geco)0 finish removed at any of the lock points-think it’s broke in-Havnt gone for accuracy.herze my gripe.A:the chamber champher looks like someone did it with a cordless drill!-all 4 pics I’m unloading are going to be side by side glock on right-that cutter head bump someone said you get from time to time? Don’t come out of a glock factory-I will say this IS purely cosmetic but VERY disturbing.B: riddle me this,my lesser grade LWD barrel was bead blasted and had edges SMOOTH ASS BUTTER(kinda like the factory Glock OEM :thinking:)so WHY did my ALPHA WOLF come to me with ALL the edges rear of the barrel itself-SAVE FOR THE THE LEADING EDGE of the feed ramp-with damned near perfect right angles??? I almost F******G cut myself cleaning the bloody bastard:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:help me here? Any bloody twitt KNOWWWS a sharp edge will break before a radius.a finish will wear off a right angle before it will a radius…i would NOT brag about THIS level of machine work.what the hell man? I can afford this ****

5 Likes

You know what? I think you have a point there! they may HAVE farmed out some operations! It’s a sad testimony to the made in USA sticker,but I worked for a small manufacturing company,M.S.,FAB,Welding,paint,&assy,was the bulk of the 200 on the floor and we wur KILLING a Japanese company that made concrete finishing equipment(riding towels truss screed,etc)and spanking others,then we too had to farm out…PROBLEM WAS…my boss and I kicked that farmed out crap right the HELL out of the welding dept if didn’t meet MY SPECS ACCORDING TO THE TOLERANCE ALLOWED BY THE PRINT. and Q.C. wasn’t even my job LOL

5 Likes

MAYBEE,I’m being a little too hard on them?I’m after all,I ran 75 rounds of 3 drastically different brands(just for grins)-my paw couldn’t take anymore-and it shot the “garbage ammo” better than the $15 Fiocci. No complaints so far,can’t move my trigger or middle finger well enough or take the pain to go for an accuracy run till I heal up…time to go south paw.but check out the side by side shots ALPHAvsGLOCK and compare the finish work.it speaks for its self…GLOCK wins.FLAWLESS for glock,ate up with flaw for LONE WOLF.so dissapointed :frowning_face:none of this lives up to they’r reputation.my LWD barrel didn’t have all the razor edges that my ALPHA duz,so what that tells me is they must not bead blast them! It pisses me off to get something flawed,pay to send it back,have customer service screw everything up,have to RE order a new barrel,get the same defect BUT I got the premium barrel that had less work done! Duz that make sense? People may think I’m being a bitch,but by God if you arent doin it right,and you sell it to me,me who his REAL finicky ALL the DAMN details on that print,me who lives on $783 a month? YEAHHHHHHHHH I’m gonna bitch,and I’m gonna tell everyone…

3 Likes

Oh yeah! FYI,the price for an Alpha woofy G19 is $134.95 but they’re GLOCK OEM’s START at $150! now in my humble sarcastic cynical irate opinion,THEY’R level of machine work/overall manufacturing quality is comparing a pinto to a Ferrari…i wouldn’t touch one of they’r OEM barrels.GLOCKS are the object of “RIGHT” dammitt…

2 Likes

I’m trying to follow your “bling”glish!

What was wrong with your Glock OEM barrel?

Stay on them and get it how you want. Maybe get all of your money back from Alfa and regroup?

2 Likes