M*CARBO Brotherhood

Local ammo purchase after walmart

Check out the WikiArms app.

10 Likes

target sports usa ammo wins out when you dont have to pay shipping when buying bulk.

8 Likes

Or, if you’re a member. Buy one box…no shipping…

8 Likes

Sweet good to know.!

8 Likes

Try Davidsons in Az. or NC. they have a large supply of ammos of different kinds

5 Likes

I preferred to buy cases through TargetpsortsUSA. Cheaper per round and no need to buy a membership. Of course since I bought a reloading press, the only ammo I buy is .22Mag. Won’t need to buy .22LR for a while with 49,000 rounds in my closet

11 Likes

Well, there was never a need to buy a membership. But, even buying by the case would still be cheaper with a membership.

8 Likes

@Popeye. Yep 2 and 1/2. 5 gallon bullets full 22lr. I learned from the last shortage. Stock it deep. Lol

12 Likes

@Popeye its more guns you need not ammo :crazy_face::rofl:

7 Likes

Previously I was under the impression the savings on price per round with the membership was minimal and the main draw was free shipping on non case purchases. When I was buying my ammo, the Prime Membership wasn’t a thing. Now since all I buy is .22Mag, and not a whole lot of that really. I looked it up again and see that it really isn’t a bad deal if you buy your ammo online - and buy 4K-5K rounds a year.

5 Likes

After you look at the membership savings its actually worth it. Free shipping even on single box if you so choose.

5 Likes

The regular day-to-day savings may be minimal, but it’s still less money required and it adds up. Also, they run good members only pricing type sales around several holidays throughout the year.

4 Likes

Back in the day, for a box or two, I may have bought Wally World. For past 20 yrs. I buy mostly Federal bulk (1,000+) in whatever caliber I am shooting at the time. “Buy local” from family gun shop. I’ve even picked up the free 10 mags (MagPul) with bulk order, no shipping. They even watch & find lowest price for me. Always give me a ring when a group of locals are putting a big order together so everyone gets a deal. I’m a loyal customer for life.

9 Likes

Yeah, I can see it could add up for some people.

4 Likes

Just a heads up - I bought 2 boxes of federal red box Brass (not Champion but Shockwave) 9mm Luger for $8.00 apiece. Was going to buy more until I found out that this 9mm is really on the low side of velocity 1125. Walmart is in the process of getting rid of all their pistol ammo across the country. They are going to sell what they have in stock and not purchase anymore. Just more of Walmart’s new anti-gun policies.

Shockwave

FEDERAL 9MM BRASS 115 GRAIN

8 Likes

I wandered by Walmart this morning and they had a lot more than I expected. They are not discounting any of the ammo. And as usual I couldn’t find anyone which is ok, Vance’s Outdoor is much better.

10 Likes

I went by the other day, just out of curiosity, and Walmart here still had a full stock.
I never buy ammo there. I mainly buy online and occasionally from my local hardware store.
And if I really need something in hand right now, I let the local gun shop guy rape me.

I did go to Bass Pro today, an hour away, trying to find some 350 Legend target ammo.
Very poor selection on 350 Legend. Too new of a round, I guess. No white box at all.
None of my local gun shops are carrying anything for the 350 Legend yet, either.
Had to get some hunting rounds, a little over $1/round. Can definitely do better online.

Very poor selection on 450 Bushmaster, as well. And absolutely nothing in Grendel.

10 Likes

On a local gun forum for the gulf coast that is centered in Coastal NWFL and nearby AL we have discussed boycotting them. What I have done is buy as much of what I need elsewhere.
Walmart did have .22 during ammo crisis at list price that I am thankful for since I shoot about 90 rounds of it weekly in the NRA 900 pistol matches at our club. I am truly sorry to see walmart take the the antigun path that they are on and will do my best not to reward them for it.

9 Likes

@barnetmill welcome to the forum carl

8 Likes

@barnetmill Welcome aboard. Yeah, it’s easy to rip thru a bunch of .22lr. Especially when it’s your better half’s rifle of choice…

8 Likes