M*CARBO Brotherhood

Local ammo purchase after walmart

Well my Walmart has been cleared out of 223 and 9mm for a week now. I went to sports authority and they are 19 to 20 cents per round for cheap range ammo and 30 cents per round for 222 range ammo. Then you add taxes on to that.

All I can say is thank goodness for target sports ammo online.

13 Likes

Here’s hoping another local retailer picks up the bulk packed Federal stuff I like. The packaging/pricing Serena Wally’s exclusive.

Thankfully Academy is decent on pricing.

9 Likes

For my 9mm M Series ammo (for target shooting) I get coupons from Dunham Sports. Current coupon is for Blazer Brass, 115 grain or 124 grain, for $8.99, box of 50. Good thru October 31, 2019.

8 Likes

Academy sports has browning 124gr 9mm right now for $24.99 for 150 rounds. Decent range ammo. Better than WWB in my opinion. Pretty decent deal especially when you figure shipping is free over $25. They do charge sales tax however

8 Likes

Sorry I meant academy sports. Here brass range ammo like 10 bucks a box before taxes.

Cheaper to get online

5 Likes

I just got me a bersa .380 and been pricing ammo for it, thinking walmart would be cheaper I was wrong they higher, for cheap 50 round box they want 15 bucks, I looked online cheapest I found was 8.95 but then add in 12.00 shipping am looking at 21 bucks. Acadmeny has some for 12.99 so it was cheaper to get it there. I did look At the 9mm its cheaper than .380 they had a 50 round box for about 10 bucks.

2 Likes

I guess your right if you only buying one box at a time. In order to get best savings I get 1000 rounds and free shipping.

I am eventually going to shoot it at the range.

I reserve box at a time for actual defense ammo.

2 Likes

Form the in stock options it looks like walmart’s decision is affecting their stock for the time being.

4 Likes

I had no idea so many people bought ammo at Walmart. (Or bought one box at a time) On the galactic scale of guns and ammo this isn’t even a fly fart.

6 Likes

I am quietly (sorta almost) hoping that there are lots like me. Target is a better store when Wal Mart’s Sporting Goods are taken out of the consideration set.

So everybody knows Target has actually been cheaper for years. Only reason left to enter Wally’s is for comraderie with “The People of Wally’s.”. Target doesn’t advertise price but they’ve been price slapping Wally’s for years.

6 Likes

PSA is closer to me than wally-world. and a lot less of a hassel

4 Likes

I just ponied up the $95 membership fee for Target Sports USA, so that’s where I’ll be shopping from now on. Just the free shipping alone is nothing to sneeze at and then there’s the member pricing, sales, etc.

9 Likes

Target - Target Sports?
I was of the impression Walmart could not do certain things like this because of market shift and
would require approval by the SEC.
Maybe I was misinformed. :thinking:

2 Likes

@wedge. I did the same thing on this last order. I used Walmart for occassional box or 500 count.

Target usa has always been my go to. Now if they just institute a 4 pay plan like sportsmans guide then I’d be broke.

7 Likes

Yes, it will be nice to buy a one off box of something expensive like defensive hollowpoints or something to try and not have to pay shipping.

5 Likes

@Silverback ile say it again your lucky your not doing all that shooting here in ireland it be costing you 3 times as much

5 Likes

Another source that has served me well is aimsurplus.com out of Ohio. If you are local to them you can arrange pickup.

5 Likes

Bone Frog is another good source and has a members’ club, too.

5 Likes

Anyone ever use gun bot?
http://www.gunbot.net/

8 Likes

Ammo Supply Wharehouse ! in Pan Rump Nevada, When the Big Hoard of Ammo a few years back had all you could not find in Stock, 22 lr 22 hmr 223, 556. and they shipped to my Front door in AK.

9 Likes