M*CARBO Brotherhood

Limited Production: 80% Sub2K Lower

Yes a quick change out. That might involve a bit more than a barrel change???

1 Like

Presumably that would depend on design. The Sub isn’t designed for that, but I imagine it could be done.

The other option I’d be interested in seeing from MCARBO would be a braced pistol in the PDW style. Probably not an 80% set up so kinda off topic, but there’s a real market for 5-6" pistols with braces. A quality collapsing or folding brace for a gun in 9mm or (rare in this category) .45, if priced competitively, could clean up. Most PDWs are disproportionately expensive. A Glock mag .45 with a 6" barrel and short minimal OAL would be awesome.

2 Likes

This is a very good idea!

1 Like

Still say aluminum grip half’s and forend would be great start

3 Likes

I would love to see the sub in a 45acp do you think it will happen

6 Likes

45acp aluminum grip now that’s what I’m talking about. You do that just take the :trophy: and run

1 Like

With all the spare parts I’ve accumulated, I could build one now with just a new tube and barrel.
Of course I’d want to buy a MCarbo Pro Bundle, instead of using the KT leftovers I have. LoL

5 Likes

Who do I pay for the 357 Sig barrel lol I’d take one in a heartbeat. I have two Styers. Older M357 Sig and a newer S357SigA1 barrel conversion. Still wanting the L357 Sig A1.

But I need yo get my S2K 40 feeding first…

3 Likes

Bump. LoL

It would be really cool if a 80% receiver could actually happen.
All other parts are obtainable, some maybe more difficult than others.
Everyone can figure that out on their own, we just need the tube.

4 Likes

So here in Tucson AZ it’s common to see a sub or two on the shelves then the next day they be gone! But with that being said, layaway is a great thing lol… don’t have the cash when you see one? Put the 20% down and make your payments. That’s how i got mine.

6 Likes

Well, better getta’ grip on yer’ wallet, brother! WE definitely will give ya’ plenty of (ideas) to spend that ‘hard earned’ dollar??? LMAO

6 Likes

So I know these aren’t ARs, but in my AR world I purchase a Receiver or 80% and build from there. No reason to buy the whole gun just to replace every other part on it.
Question is will that mindset work with a Sub 2000?
What does a do it yourselfer start with, receiver plus or is that not an option?

5 Likes

@Albroswift

Well, you would need to start with a phone call to KT.
They don’t seem to reply to emails, at all.
Ask them if they will sell a receiver and barrel.
Everything else can be purchased from the web store.
And from MCARBO, for the upgrades, of course.

6 Likes

And that’s no bull :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

6 Likes

Never had a problem corresponding with Kel-Tec. But you have to fill out a ticket request to get an answer fairly quick.

6 Likes

I don’t believe that Kel Tec will sell receivers because they would have to be serialized and that is considered the firearm itself. The ‘trick’ is to find an aftermarket company that makes a jig so that one can truly make an 80% his own! Anyone can piece a firearm together, but it is that 20% of effort to make that ‘receiver’ work that adds the excitement, in my opinion. As popular as the Sub2K is, I am surprised there aren’t any blueprints on this receiver already.

6 Likes

Any more updates on an 80% build or aluminum parts? I have yet to buy a Sub2000 for exactly this reason: I want to build an 80%.

I live in a place where the gun laws are extra frustrating haha.

7 Likes

@TerekV Welcome to the Brotherhood.

4 Likes

Thank you. Glad to be here.

5 Likes

@TerekV Welcome aboard. Yeah, I can relate to

6 Likes