M*CARBO Brotherhood

Lights In The Darkness (Flashlight Thread)

Yeah they’re great. Some very budget items, plus some with features like USB recharging. I own a TC12 that’s great (1" diameter “tactical” light), and they’ve got plenty of other good models

5 Likes

Got the Emisar D4s in recently. While technically not much brighter than it’s baby brother, the D4, it’s much throwier. This one is 4x SST20 5000K (neutral white) emitters, and about 4000lumens (so actually slightly dimmer than my XP-L HI D4).

Same Beamshot as the others, trees are probably 30+ yards away.

MVIMG_20190324_202413

And another 70 yards away.

IMG_20190324_202656

4 Likes

Oh and realized I never posted the little D1, or a Beamshot of it.

Another point of reference, my patrol car’s spotlight.

I thought I’d collected all the Emisars, but now he’s released the D18, an 18 SST20 emitter monstrosity. Still fairly compact, just thick (3x18650s), but outputs 10000lumens (with warmer 3000k or 4000k emitters, that also render colors very accurately) or 14000 (with 5000k or 6500k and less color accurate emitters). Can’t decide which, I do like the D4s and it’s 5000k SST20s, but 4000k is a really nice tone and has no glare.

4 Likes

Olight is running a sale if anyone needs lights.

I was planning on a Warrior X for my rifle and PL Mini for my shotgun, plus a light mount, but grabbed an extra dock and PL Pro light to get me above $300 and got a free PL2. The PL Pro will fit well on a carbine of some sort with variable 300 and 1500 lumens, and the spare PL 2 may get resold to make up some money, or wait for an inevitable additional weapon to go on.

6 Likes

I’ve used this Surefire U2 ULTRA for years. It is one of the brightest flashlights I have ever used.

5 Likes

I’ve had this surefire light for about a year now, so far so good.

6 Likes

Olight sale ended up with me having more lights and weapons to put them on.

Warrior X is for the AR, PL mini is gonna ride a shotgun, PL Pro is gonna go on the AR pistol (ability to toggle between 300 and 1500 lumens is huge), the PL 2 on that will be for OWB carrying my M&P compact.

Wasn’t gonna get the PL Pro but with their promos, getting it got me a free PL 2.

The spare PL 2 will either get solid to make the PL Pro a great deal, or wait until I have a weapon for it.

6 Likes