Lights In The Darkness (Flashlight Thread)

Optical Dynamics OD40 Long Distance Illuminator. CALS (Collated Amplified Lens System) photonic technology. 720 lumens, 200 yard effective range. Picatinny or 1" & 30mm scope mounts. The pure focused beam of light this thing puts out is like nothing I’ve ever seen.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be caught without a flashlight it is part of my EDC . I have a fenix that I used every day at work and have dropped it so many times it should have broken already but it keeps on working. Lights are like a knife always have one with me.

7 Likes

9 Likes

@Kona Nice, I do love a good flashlight and one can never have to many…kinda like guns.:+1:

7 Likes

The Olight Valkyrie 1200 Lm is the bomb! Projector style beam. After owning one I don’t think I could by anything else! Spoiled with it.

8 Likes

After all the good talk about Olight I decided to buy the M2T Warrior ($55) and some accessories ($30) and the quality is top notch. It has five lumen settings (1/15/60/400/900) and a max of 1200 lumens with different batteries. Batteries last 30days/1L, 42h/15L, 14h/60L, 3h/400L & 1.5h/900L.

9 Likes

I an using a Streamlight TLR-4 (125 lumens) for indoors and Fenix PD35 Tac (1,000 lumens) for outdoors.

7 Likes

@TheThreeLaws Thats the way mine is. Stupid bright. lol
It will easily reach out 100yrds and is great for out in the open desert though.

2 Likes

Splurged and spent $9 on a little penlight for work. Should fit in the pen pocket of my uniform, does 1, 50, and 210 lumens. Runs on 2 AAAs. Lots of cases when I need a light but don’t want my super powerful Olight.

5 Likes

Oops helps to attach the picture :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@TheThreeLaws I agree. A good pen light is nice. Most of the time you just need a small light with a good switch in an average day.

5 Likes

a little torch with a tasser built in comes in very handy at times:zap::zap::zap::zap:

4 Likes

With all the modern lighting available today you don’t see much of the old school stuff anymore.
I thought I would post one that is fairly rare these days and few have probably ever seen.

This is a … < insert your favorite ethnic group here>… flashlight, with extra bulbs.

3 Likes

Yes Love Mine’ Saved my Butt a few times Under Ground Mining and Mucking Around,

4 Likes

Got two new ones! Emisar D4 (with a short 18350 battery tube in addition to the 18650 tube), a quad emitter 4300lm beast, and a D1s, a 1300lm thrower.

I’ll try to take beamshot photos later.

7 Likes

Ok Beamshot time! First, my current duty carry, Olight R50 and it’s beam

Then the Emisar D4, much warmer but at least as bright but a fraction of the size.

Then the Emisar D1s

That treeline is at least 50 yards away, and both are lighting it up to some degree. Pictures don’t always do it justice but I’m very impressed.

8 Likes

So far I have several Streamlites(only one of which I’m not real pleased with-but it is more of a battery issue more than the light), several sizes of Maglites (most of which are updated to LEDs) and a couple models of the Fenix brand.

IMHO, it is hard to go wrong with any of them but Fenix does seem to be pricier than most other comparable brands-depending on the model.

5 Likes

Fenix seems like a very solid brand, but they ask a slightly premium price. Thrunite seems like a really great balance of quality/value, and I’ve liked the one I have.

6 Likes

@TheThreeLaws

Thrunite? Yet another brand I’ve never heard of before. Will check into them.

5 Likes

Finally found a good deal on an aplc, been wanting to check one out, not a bad light for the money, probably will end up getting another. Probably not going to stay on this build but we’ll see

7 Likes