M*CARBO Brotherhood

Lights In The Darkness (Flashlight Thread)

Alright, Olight is having a sale on the 8th so I figured I’d mention it and drop a Referral link

$5 on your first order, and I get $5 for anyone who uses it to order something. It’s a win win, if you’re looking for a flashlight or weapon light.

What’s on sale? Well they’re giving away a AAA UV light. They’re also doing a sale on their new camo and grey Warrior X Pro, and their grey PL2 weapon light.

I’ve got a an original Warrior X on my 18" AR. It’s a 1" body light with a large throw head, 2000 lumen high mode and 300 low mode, and a tailswitch that lets you use either with a soft or full press. It’s gonna be one of the throwiest weapon lights out there. The Pro model that’s on sale is about 10% brighter, and a bit bigger to use a larger and higher capacity battery. The one downside is that it only works with their proprietary 21700 battery. Spares are expensive.

The PL 2 is a pretty well proven light. Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics couldn’t break it and he’s pretty abusive. My compact PL lights and PL2s have been great.

Both Warrior X Pro and PL 2’s have a bundle with their AA light, 300lumens. Not a bad utility or EDC light. Like most sales, the more you spend, they might throw in additional free lights. Check it out–if you do go for the sale, sometimes these limited lights sell out. I’d try to get one shortly after they go live at midnight EST or first thing the next morning.

2 Likes

Vape geek to your rescue:

No unfortunately it’s a totally proprietary battery. The light doesn’t work at all with other 21700s, as I understand it. That’s why personally I’ll be sticking to my original Warrior X, as I’ve got plenty of 18650s. I’m not too worried about 10% less output and less battery life when I can just pull a spare battery out of my pistol grip and keep moving.

1 Like

Just a reminder if anyone was interested, sale is on today. I got a PL 2 bundle and the free UV light.

2 Likes

Nebo Torchy. Very small with pocket clip. Settings for 1000, 500, and 250 lumans as well as strobe… USB rechargeable.

6 Likes

My son just clued me in to this package deal from Olight that becomes available next Thursday night. As many of you know, I am pretty frugal (maybe even cheap) but this seems like a really good deal and I plan to pounce as soon as the sale opens. If I get backordered because all you folks ordered first, I’m gonna be ticked.

2 Likes

picked up a NOS Estrela NightReaper still in the box ,sheath is crap but flashlight seems solid, dual battery 123A X2 or 1 rechargeable 18650. switch has 2 momentary positions, strobe and full, a on locked position and a lock-out position. the locked on position supposed to go from 3 to 1000 lumans.
took me a while to figure out that gizmo of a switch, i thought that position was broke… it would barely glow, till after reading the directions 100 times My fumble fingers actually got the sequence right and it glowed me( literally, saw purple dots for a hr)
sight is supposed to be www.nightreaper.com, figure its out of business as nothing comes up, also as it was located in San Diego , so light is probably made in china, it does use a CREE diode,XM L2U2 that i can still replace, so I will use it till it blows the switch,Have no idea what they cost new, paid 25$ for mine :grin: :grin: :crazy_face: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Fair warning: calendar alarm is set and cart is planned. Pro tip - look around a bit 'cause the deal can be enhanced with a share and again by selecting the gift appropriate to your cart total - 2 lights that don’t cost which you only get by actively adding.

My O’lights (Baldr Pros and Mini PLs) are my favorites. I prefer them to my streamlights, Surefires and Virideans. But it is a China Light so …

3 Likes

@GOBLIN

giphy

3 Likes

@dave67 A Mogwai is the last thing to be messing with this year!!!

5 Likes

@dave67 thats about right brother!!! yu know how you look at lil crap when yer tying to hash it out :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy_face: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I think i got 101 of em livin in my attic, they playing with murder hornets at the moment, waiting on the asteroid to impact… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

@Dred got the O light Valkyrie PL-Mini, love everything about that light :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

@JoeFridaySays

You got that right…source

4 Likes

@dave67 where you get the pic of my X??? aint nothin takes enthusiasm out of ya like a mean ugly woman… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: that expression got her down to a artform…

6 Likes

@Dred Did you get your Olight Bundle Order in before the website crashed? I did, but just barely. I only ordered one and am now kicking myself for not ordering two. Wonder how long it will take to ship?

4 Likes

Yes. It took awhile and I had to grab bundles 'cause it showed no inventory on the Baldr Minis.

It really makes me wonder why they go to so much trouble to get every buyer to try at the same time. They have dominated my youtube suggestions with this event for weeks. Seems they’d get a bigger push by starting the sale when they start the blitz.

Unfortunately, the last time I did one of their blitz sales, I’d almost forgotten about my order before it arrived.

4 Likes

Tough to beat the Olight.

8 Likes

And …

Got tracking for my Olight order. Delivery expected Wednesday, 8/19 by DHL Express. If they make it, it will be a new high bar for fulfillment.

Here’s hoping they get enough Baldr Mini examples on the street to kick start holster manufacturers. One of mine is targeted for my CZ Compact which is presently my most carried pistola.

3 Likes

Amen. Holsters for my Canik already are in short supply so finding one to fit with a light may be a trick. I seriously am considering making my own leather OWB holster.

4 Likes