M*CARBO Brotherhood

Liegeoise D’ Arms 12 ga Double Barrel

Hi All,
I inherited this shot gun along time ago. Never shot it, has been a wall hanger. I liked it in the living room, but the wife wasn’t crazy about it. :upside_down_face:
Liegeoise D’ Arms 12 ga Double barrel.
Is this gun safe to shoot with modern shells?
When was it manufactured?
Seems tight, barrel is clean, everything looks good.
Thinking about shooting some skeet or trap.
Or at least killing some clay pigeons. If I can teach the wife how to throw them. :rofl:

12 Likes

thats made like a rabbit ear LC smith, stock is carved likea muzzle loader under the side locks. one question is it a steel barrel or a damascus barrel. if its a steel, low power 2 3/4 shells only. those marked 3" on barrel is for 3" blackpowder rounds NON MAGNUM ROUNDS ONLY. FEAU hammered double, have seen em a lot in 12, and 24 ga, thats pre-WWII maybe WW1, Belgium made, fine guns. probably a bring back,. seen em sell in good shape upwards of 3000$ I would get it appraised, date affects price.
what length barrels?

7 Likes

do the numbers match on all 3 pieces? got some closeup pics of all engraving, including the bit on the forearm, and any markings on top barrels.can get you a close date

6 Likes

@GOBLIN
All #’s Match

7 Likes

@GOBLIN
Will get barrel length tomorrow
Thanks for the help.

7 Likes

just a blind stab at date, 1898 -1924

5 Likes

5 Likes

the rampant lion over PV is a smokeless powder proof, puts it 1910 and later, ML surrmounted by a crown is the makers mark,ELG in a oval with a crown is a Belgian proof mark, the stamped 12-65 in a oval, is the bore, so its 12 ga, 2"9/16 shell, Charles Hubert was the inspector, 1924 and up, the U surmounted by a star,
so right now your looking at 1924 and later. i will break some more of the stamping tomorrow, and get your date closer.

8 Likes

can you get a better pic of the stamping on the bottom of the barrel flats, the top of the barrel without glare, and the inside and any marks on the forend. :+1:

4 Likes

so far ive found 2 1/2 RST shells, which would fire, light, www.rstshells.com
but looking for 2 9/16 game getters… 2 more places for 2 1/2s,
www.firarmservice.com Kent shotgun ammo and gamebore english ammo

3 Likes

Is that the same as the Game Getters from Marbles?
I am looking for 2" brass 4/10 cases.

2 Likes

marbles game getters were 2 1/2" can still get those…I will keep a eye out for those

3 Likes

@GOBLIN
Hey hope you are ok?
I wish I could help in some way.
Here are some more photos. The barrels is
2’- 3” - 5/8’s
I getting on a plane today to go visit my dad in Arkansas.
I hope you will be getting in a truck and going home soon.
I can’t shoot 2-3/4 in this gun ? They fit.

4 Likes

with the marking 12-65 the oval, that is the bore/,length of bore designated, in that ones case, 2 9/16 inch.I have a bunch more info on my other computer, soon as i get back home i will post it. now, a competent gun bunny can trim this to fit a 2 3/4 shell or 2 3/4 hulls can be trimmed to that length and reloaded

3 Likes

but no, you will blow that stock to bits.unless it has been re-chambered. you can shoot 2 1/2" out of it just fine.
im going thru yhe marks now to see if theres a recut on it.

3 Likes

still hitting between 27 and 41, getting closer. should have it nailed down close tomorrow.
can you take a measurement for me on the chamber with a vernier?

2 Likes

@GOBLIN,
Hey Buck,
Good to here from you.
I’m at my Dad’s in Arkansas now. The shotgun is in California
I don’t know what’s going on with you , but I am concerned. All day yesterday while I’m have fun with my pops I was thinking how is GOBLIN.
Please take care and get better!
When I return home next week we can continue with the Liegeois.
Right now you need to get “Plumbed - up”
Ironworkers lingo.

5 Likes

was one of them day at the hospital turned into 4. im beginning to think, that i really am a damn lab rat for em. im still a shade off plumb, but i hope to be scampering up high iron in no time flat.:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
brother, VA been trying to kill me off for years. DOD couldnt do it to me active, even though i assisted as much as i could, i will be damned if they gonna do it after :smiling_imp::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
thank ya brother and have a blast with yer pappy, we will figure out tha mule ear when ya get back!

5 Likes