Lever Action Takedown and I'm Drooling

9 Likes

This is my 1972 Marlin 30/30. Great shooter. My dad was the original owner, and it will be one I never sell.

11 Likes

Nice! Looks like you took good care of it.

2 Likes

Thanks, It has a few dings in the stock from dear hunting, but still in good condition. It now sits in the safe most of the time, but I get it out and shoot it on occation.

3 Likes

If your huntin rifle doesnt have a few dings then you aint really huntin. :+1:

6 Likes
I also have a Marlin 336 from that same era, but in 35 rem. Always preferred the Marlin over the Winchester because of the side ejection and pistol grip stock. Hunted with it for 37 years before it got retired to the safe. It was given to me by my father and I was the first to hunt with it at age 16.
2 Likes

Where is this beauty from?

1 Like

@bmarsh07 It’s a Chiappa 1886 takedown.

Welcome to the brotherhood.

My Marlins… The 1895 & 1894…

6 Likes

Nice! The leather looks awesome. Custom? Paracord on the hoop?

Mine is an 1895 SBL. 45/70. Love it. But mine’s still looking like it did out of the box. I haven’t added anything. After looking at yours I’m wondering why I’ve been lazy about that.

The pic I posted is a Chiappa takedown. Also 45/70. Looks similar to the Marlin/Ruger.

2 Likes

Dung, I will get you the Leather info… Other Members might be interested too. Just give me a few hours because I’m heading to bed… Outfit out of Alaska I know. And they are great. $$ some of that… :grinning: Thanks Folks…

1 Like

Ok Dung, the Folks who did the leather work were Diamond D Leather. A link is below. Looking at the receipt for the 1895 :: The Rifle Butt Cuff cost me $110. Which included my three initials stamped on it, optional. The Sling cost me $105. Which included four options, Custom Boarder Stamping, Padding, three initials stamped, and a 1" Nickel Swivel Set. The Wrap on the Big Loop Lever is not Paracord. It is their Leather Lever Wrap which cost me $20.
Diamond D Leather
I was obviously impressed with the quality of the product as I purchased twice. It’s really nice leather and very good work. I purchased that stuff like two years ago. They have well written instructions on their site for installing the Butt Cuff and Lever Wrap. I finished the Butt Cuff at the end with a 2" long Snake Braid and ending with a Diamond Knot.
Enjoy the Weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks! If you don’t mind me being a copycat, I’m doing it. I’m that impressed with the look and functionality. Way better than a boring webbed sling and I’m guessing more comfortable on a long haul. The cuff looks great and I like the bullet loops.

2 Likes

BTW> I see Hickok45 endorsed the cuff. I like his common sense, no frills reviews. Been a loyal follower for years. The guy is a remarkable shot too. Natural ability.

3 Likes

Ya Dung, You’ll like the product. Might take a few weeks. And if I remember right they want you to describe your exact Firearm, and send a picture of it. Regardless, like I mentioned, I first got the leather dress up for the 1895, and when I purchased the 1894 latter I went ahead with the same leather dress up. You’ll be happy. Those folks are really cool and strait forward. The leather is Quality for sure.
Just make sure that when your order arrives take your time. Figure $hit out… And all will go well… Just like one would do with any Firearm “add-ons” or improvements…
Cheers!

1 Like

Hickok45 = :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! I just placed the order. Attached a photo as they requested.

I’m in no rush. I ordered the cuff, sling, and lever braids. Not cheap but Seems worth the price judging by your photos and theirs. Thanks again for the tip. I’ll post photos when it arrives.

2 Likes

Boom! That’s nice! Yup 1895 SBL here too. And the 1894 SBL…
You know we’re lucky right? Finding either is a task and mucho dinero.
Someday I’ll get the .357 SBL… Someday… Glad I got the .44 first. After I purchased the 1895 I was looking at both. Like I say, glad I went with the .44.
Besides it made a “pair” for me. As I have a .44 Revolver.
I’m gonna post some more pics of that leather… Close ups…

2 Likes

7 Likes

So here’s a story… For those that might be interested… I’ve lived next to a couple for many many years. The “old man” passed a few years ago. He was a Honored Navy Vet. And after his Service he was an American / Canada Border Patrol Agent. I got very close with his Family. Plowing snow, mowing acreage, even remolded their house. I very much take care of his Wife now. I was asked to do his Funeral Service by his Sons and Wife. Which was a full Veteran, Gun Solute Service…
I’m going somewhere with this… Hold on…
Anyhow his Wife and I get together and help each other out. Very much in touch with the Sons. There younger than me yet older than my Kids. We’re Family…
Ok, getting to the point… I knew “the old man” had a giant safe in the basement for years. Full of Toys. Well talking with his Wife, sorry I’m just not mentioning names Folks…
Anyhow talking with his Wife one night she mentions a Lever Gun. A Model 94 Winchester that her Husband got for his Service… I was like Holy $hit I want to see this!!!
Oh my God Folks… She has a Winchester Model 94 U.S. Border Patrol Commemorative Lever Action Carbine in the Perfect Box it came in. 30-30 Win.
I $hit a circle around myself when she showed it to me. Got the Badge engraved and all. Spooky though… Something about it… VERY CLEAN! Mint!
Her Sons aren’t idiots… But I am not only trying to purchase her property, I’d like to purchase this Lever Gun…
Thought you Folks would like the Story…
Enjoy!

3 Likes