M*CARBO Brotherhood

Lever Action Rifles

I like to shoot pigs with my Marlin 444 it’s a tank buster and the pigs go down like being hit with an anvil.

5 Likes

There you go!!
I have a similar Henry in 44. It’s made my Winchester 94 a safe queen.:joy:

5 Likes

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/ak-co-pilot/

This just got added to my short list.

9 Likes

@ValorSolo
Charles! Charles!
Your killing me
The more I read the link about the Co-pilot the more I want it!
Until I got to the price.
Sweet rifle​:v::v::v::v:

7 Likes

Honestly, I’l just admire my SBL and be satisfied with it.
It’d be really hard to justify $3500, but it’ll stay on my list.
Never know, I could get insanely rich, someday.

6 Likes

LOLOL yep same here, scratch off retirement could come in gettin gas in the mornin any day now… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Although it is miles out of my budget, I must say, that is an awesome bit of hardware for sure.

6 Likes

https://www.henryusa.com/firearms/lever-action-axe-410/

A new addition to my long list.

8 Likes

I still have a Raven that was given to me with a broken firing pin. Chucked a hardened bolt in a drill and filed it into a new pin. Why? I don’t know other than I’m OCD about making sure all my guns work, even this little POS. If you shoot someone with a .25 they might get mad if they ever realize it happened. LOL

5 Likes

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy-x-model/

Henry is expanding their loading gate models with their answer to Marlin’s “Dark” line. Loading gates, threaded barrels, fiber optic sights, for .38/357, .44 special, 44 mag, .410, and 45-70.

I want a .357 loading gate model that’s threaded, but prefer the case hardened and wood furniture look. Definitely would like to suppress a lever action down the line but…

We’ll see. Might get one of these to pair with my 686 and hunt with suppressed, and get a .45-70 or 45LC in a more classic style to pair with my uncle’s .45 Colt SAA down the line.

10 Likes

I didn’t before seeing this, but I do now…

The first and only two rifles I hunted deer with in the woods and mountains of Pennsylvania when I was younger were Model 94’s chambered in .30-30 and I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for lever action guns as a result. Some of the best brush guns ever made and, from a personal standpoint, they connect me with memories of people and times long lost to history. Might sound a bit sappy but those are some of my happiest memories as a kid and i realize now the people associated with those experiences were instrumental in me being the person I am today, but I digress…

After following that link and checking out all the Big Boy models, the fire has been stoked again and I think I’ve got a really good idea what my next long gun purchase might be…a Henry Big Boy in .38/.357 mag. I feel the need for a lever action in my life again. I like both the walnut stocked as well as these new X models, but the one thing that gets me on the former is the lack of a side loading gate for most of them. I’m also thinking of not scoping the thing and as such I might take to those fiber optic sights but I’ve never shot any before. I think I need to find one of these locally and inspect in person. The only other model really messing with my head is the All-Weather…tasty…but no side loading gate…

9 Likes

The only thing that redeems (almost) Canadian Gun laws is your guys laws about SBR. I try to wrap my mind around them to no avail.

5 Likes

Goblin, love the gun, hate the price!

The extractor comes from them. https://www.wildwestguns.com/product/bear-proof-ejector/
As does the Big Loop Lever: https://www.wildwestguns.com/product/big-loop-lever/

4 Likes

I been trying to figure out their reasoning for years, aint no rhyme nor reason to it… drives ya ta drink, often it does… :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Man the 39a has gotten expensive. I found a used one in fair shape for $775. It has a Weaver 4 power scope. I bought mine for $100 30 yrs ago. Its in better shape than the one I foumnd online. I know it’s a good gun. Had no idea they are expensive now

4 Likes

After failed negotiation’s for a Winchester 1866/1966 commemorative it looks like this will be my first lever action. Marlin 336 in 30-30.

14 Likes

I have the Marlin 336 in 35 rem. Always liked the side ejection over the Winchester top ejection. Mine has been a deerslayer over the years. Good luck with yours.

8 Likes

@Festus
Sorry the deal didn’t work out✌️

6 Likes

@Festus

Nice looking rifle and scope. What kind of scope is it?

I have enjoyed my Marlins for years. Except for the Remlins, they have been and are, great guns. Now, I need to put a scope on the 336 I have - especially since my primary intended ammo is the Hornady LeverEvolution ammo (holds its power and accuracy much better than other brands and types).

8 Likes

I went with a Bushnell 3-9X40. Didn’t feel like I needed a scope as expensive as the one I put on my Browning BAR Safari. I did go with a see through mount. That has allowed me to shoulder the gun and track running deer with the open sights through the mount, then just raise my head slightly and the crosshairs are dead on. My personal best with this technique is two running deer in under 10 seconds with the Marlin.

9 Likes