M*CARBO Brotherhood

Lever Action Rifles

Biggest POS I have ever owned, just takes up space in my safe.

hahaha… A friend of mine had a Sterling 25 auto and that’s what I thought too. But god it could hurt your ears. LOL It turned gunpowder into loud no problem.

6 Likes

@jeffing65, A picture of my POS firearms. Top is the Sterling 25 auto, bottom is the Raven Arms 25 auto. Both were given to me. Why anyone would buy these (25 caliber) is beyond my comprehension. The Raven actually shoots pretty good. The Sterling,well let’s just say it jams pretty good. Guess the Sterling could make a nice paperweight or trout line weight.

4 Likes

I love my Henry .44 Mag Big Boy. Its fun to shoot, smooth handling, and very accurate.

7 Likes

There is something that just feels right about a lever action. I don’t care if folks run around with marvin the martian ray guns…will ALWAYS be a place for a good lever!
john-wayne

8 Likes

@goblin that Ruger #1 whistles I’ve always wanted one just so pricey!

4 Likes

Its a weapon that all of God’s little critters just line up for the chance to meet their maker with such style and panache!

5 Likes

@Texprep

For the .45-70, the Marlins do pretty well. Depending on what size, capacity, and materials you want, the 1895 series has some great choices. My favorite (factoring in price, too), is the 1895GS:

For .44 mag, the Marlin 1894 is pretty good (except for its 1:38 twist). The only .44 mag I know of with a good twist rate is the Winchester 1892 (1:26 twist). They have different versions of it, but here is one of them (the Deluxe Octagon):

Good luck!

7 Likes

This is one high on my list for the 45/70. gonna shop around some though. Pretty sure I can get it for a better price.

6 Likes

@Texprep

Very nice! But, if you don’t have to have extra features, the 1895GS can save you a few hundred dollars and might be in stock.

4 Likes

Another one I like, and the price is a lot better. don’t know if that stainless and pic rail is worth the extra $500.

4 Likes

@Texprep

If you really want to save some money, I have seen the 1895 at gun shows and my local gun shop for around $500:

Here is a link to it:

6 Likes

I do like the big loop and the extended magazine. Better for gloved hands and I like the extra 2 round capacity. That I will pay the extra money for.

8 Likes

@Texprep

That’s why there are so many satisfied gun owners - so many choices!

7 Likes

@Texprep … let me know if you want to try the 1895GBL. Mine is mostly factory - just added a pic rail.

7 Likes

Thanks for the offer Milton. I may take you up on that in a couple weeks. I have plenty of ammo already since I have the contender. I’ll bring it along too. Been awhile since I’ve fired that one.

7 Likes

I really love my marlin 1895gbl 45/70. Performs great with no issues. No mods yet, thinking of the MI forend.

8 Likes

a good likeness of you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

We had both Winchester and Marlin in our collection. Always preferred the Marlin with it’s side ejection. I carried a Marlin 336 in 35 cal. for deer hunting for over 30 yrs. With a little experience, a very fast shooting gun. For those who’ve carried them, a classic firearm just instills a level of confidence and connection with history you don’t get with many of the more modern arms.

9 Likes

You can install a scope on a Winchester 1892 or 1894. See:

5 Likes

Funny I have been thinking about getting one again. 357/38 . I think marlin as it is easy to mount scope. Still qould.like it in 16 inch barrel but their 18 will have to do.
Balistics by the inch shows 16 kind of optimum for fps. Of course mileage may vary . 16 inch just so compact and pointable.

11 Likes