Lever Action Rifles

@Johnksg hunt one club from time to time, single shots only. I carry the 45/70 #1 and the 45/70 contender… just have to carry one type of ammo…
that 458 win is stout though. if i miss with it, deer will fall in the crater left and break its neck…

3 Likes

DAMN IT BUCK!

Just stop, for the love of sweet baby Jesus!

4 Likes

@Johnksg on a roll brother!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Believe it or not, of all the firearms I own, I have never owned a Ruger rifle. Have a couple of Ruger pistols, just not a rifle. Hear a lot of good about the simplicity of the Ruger #1 though and if I was in the market for a single shot I’d look hard at them.

4 Likes

Try one, you learn the rifle, you can shoot 4 rounds fast as any bolt gun…perfect pull.

4 Likes

They are something else. They are “old-school” accurate, but just so mechanically simple, beautiful, and perfectly balanced that it brings a tear to my eye. :cry:

4 Likes

@Johnksg here ya go John, knew if i dug, i could at least find a birdcage, not quite a holesaw though… Mossburg slider…

3 Likes

Y’all are giving me something to think about. The purpose for the 45/70 is to back up my T/C pistol for hunting elk so a single shot would work there. The 44 has to be a lever gun though for rapid 2nd, 3rd, even 4th shots on groups of hogs.

3 Likes

No, just no, please stop I can’t take the dumb-assery anymore!

Make it stop. :grimacing:

3 Likes

@Johnksg Jus this once, I will show mercy :smiling_imp: aint normally in a squids nature you know :+1:

3 Likes

5896_01_ruger_no_1_45_70_government_st_640

Stainless, grey laminate stock, and 45-70! :blush:

4 Likes

Put a 4x scope on that for my old eyes and that could be a winner.

3 Likes

@Texprep try some of these in your contender Mike, Underwood Extreme Penetrator (Lehigh Brass CNC cut Bullet) Im lovein em.

5 Likes

6677621_03_ruger_no_1_45_70_640

They scope up real nice! :grin::+1:

5 Likes

Are those Underwood Penetrators standard pressure? I know that T/C doesn’t recommend the newer higher pressure loads.

3 Likes

@Texprep and a bit unnecessary if you ask me! Don’t let Buck talk you into some gimmick round standard soft points work just fine!

4 Likes

you got a gen 1 or gen 2 contender? the underwoods are +p they still colder than what i shoot on my G2 but damn they hit hard.
heres a scope mounted on a #1, notice no irons.

2 Likes

I know anything I’ve shot with just plain soft point jacketed bullets out of my T/C has done the job. Nothing has walked away.

4 Likes

@GOBLIN I would ask what you are shooting that requires a 45-70 with a +P penetrator rounds but…

I am afraid you will tell me!

3 Likes

I was shooting for the last 15 years, a Barnes 300gr XSTP ( Ballistic tip) that they no longer make… the Lehigh round you can buy just the bullet to reload, 50 bullets of 45$

2 Likes