M*CARBO Brotherhood

Lever Action Rifles

@JoeFridaySays

Sounds perfect. I think I have 5 SeeAlls which are all going to land on rifles which are not “first grab defensive guns.” They are as good as anything else to get lined up on target without magnification. My Browning BL 22 and Marlin 1894 CS will both sport SeeAlls following their next trips to the range.

6 Likes

@Dred I love my BL22 and will sorta regret handing it over to my Grandson when he is old enough. May have to buy another.

6 Likes

I feel you there. I had mine for 3 weeks this summer. They aren’t range ready yet, but they’re close. 2020 is probably the year. Chances are the young man will fall in love with their uncle’s 15/22. I think his big sister will lean toward “icky.” But they’ll be gifted ownership (not custody) of whatever they decide to love. I’m hoping he’s a black rifle boy since I don’t wanna give up my FUDD 22s.

4 Likes

So they’re running a sale on their gen 2 See Alls, and I’m kinda curious about getting one. Have you used both reticles? I’m kinda interested if it would fit on my M&P Shield as a cheap “optic” that wouldn’t require getting the slide milled.

2 Likes

I’ve run both reticles. I prefer the Delta reticle.

I also have one on my M&P 2.0, but it’s gonna come off unfired. I never tried it 'cause I fell out of like with the Smith and decided it’s gonna hit the auction block as soon as I get 'round to pulling the Seeall and listing it somewhere.

You’re welcome to it if the Shield takes the same SeeAll. It’s gen 2 trit fwiw.

2 Likes

It ought to. How much?

Sounds like there’s no way to switch a dovetail to a rail mount though, and that’s a buzzkill for me. I’d hate to buy one, pay to install it on a pistol (my Shield dovetail was super tight when I tried it), then not like it. If I could rail mount it a .22 I’d be more tempted but alas.

2 Likes

Sending PM.234567890

1 Like

Some things to keep in mind with the 45-70 on a lever action: when they jam, and they will jam eventually, they can be a royal pain. There is a reason why the one company makes “bear proof extractors.” The loop on the lever on my Marlin is too fracking small, as only can get three fingers in the loop and I feel it on the recoil side in my pinky.

Next, older Marlin’s did not have safety’s, you are the safety, keep that in mind. The straight stock is more astetic, but I think you get more control with the pistol grip styled stock.

The October 2018 Issue of “Petersen’s Hunting” has an article on “Extreme Marlin Makeover.” This article has good ideas for upgrades on a Marlin Lever Action.

I won’t say don’t buy it, but leery of the first years of the Rem/Marlin lever actions, lots of issues with them. If they were smoothed out by the owner than they should be okay.

6 Likes

I’m crushing really hard on Marlin’s dark series right now.
Add the Midwest Industries handguard, it would be sexy.
I really need to wait and see if they bring it out in 357 Mag.
If that ever happens, I’m going to be all over it.

5 Likes

@Squidder_K think your talkin bout these Squidder, I want that take down copilot in 457WWG and the Wolverine 454 CASULL pistol in the worst way…
Im a Winchester freak , always have been. But these i would make a exception.
https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/
https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/wolverine/

6 Likes

I like to shoot pigs with my Marlin 444 it’s a tank buster and the pigs go down like being hit with an anvil.

5 Likes

There you go!!
I have a similar Henry in 44. It’s made my Winchester 94 a safe queen.:joy:

5 Likes

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/ak-co-pilot/

This just got added to my short list.

9 Likes

@ValorSolo
Charles! Charles!
Your killing me
The more I read the link about the Co-pilot the more I want it!
Until I got to the price.
Sweet rifle​:v::v::v::v:

6 Likes

Honestly, I’l just admire my SBL and be satisfied with it.
It’d be really hard to justify $3500, but it’ll stay on my list.
Never know, I could get insanely rich, someday.

6 Likes

LOLOL yep same here, scratch off retirement could come in gettin gas in the mornin any day now… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Although it is miles out of my budget, I must say, that is an awesome bit of hardware for sure.

5 Likes

https://www.henryusa.com/firearms/lever-action-axe-410/

A new addition to my long list.

7 Likes

I still have a Raven that was given to me with a broken firing pin. Chucked a hardened bolt in a drill and filed it into a new pin. Why? I don’t know other than I’m OCD about making sure all my guns work, even this little POS. If you shoot someone with a .25 they might get mad if they ever realize it happened. LOL

4 Likes

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy-x-model/

Henry is expanding their loading gate models with their answer to Marlin’s “Dark” line. Loading gates, threaded barrels, fiber optic sights, for .38/357, .44 special, 44 mag, .410, and 45-70.

I want a .357 loading gate model that’s threaded, but prefer the case hardened and wood furniture look. Definitely would like to suppress a lever action down the line but…

We’ll see. Might get one of these to pair with my 686 and hunt with suppressed, and get a .45-70 or 45LC in a more classic style to pair with my uncle’s .45 Colt SAA down the line.

2 Likes