M*CARBO Brotherhood

Lever Action Rifles

I’m leaning towards a Henry chambered in 22lr with an octagon barrel. I just need to hit up the ol’ local gun store and pull the trigger on the purchase. Can shoot 22 all day with out breaking the bank. I was debating a pistol caliber, but still undecided.

6 Likes

Boy, there’s truth in that sentence. Possibly like many here, a bolt action 22lr was my first step up from a BB gun when i was a kid as well as my first range firearm at Tuckahoe when I was in scouts. I suspect that gun is still lurking in the depths of one of my dad’s closets.

6 Likes

That’s exactly why I got my Henry Golden Boy. I didn’t have a practical use for a lever gun so I wanted something I could shoot often.

It’s a beautiful gun and awesome to shoot. I’d still like a bigger caliber, probably .357 down the line, but for now it’s one of my favorites.

8 Likes

I don’t have a practical use for one, but I sure do want a lever gun. I would have to use a pistol caliber to use at my local steel range. The 22 would only be for paper targets or out plinking. I see it as saved funds on ammo vs the fun of shooting moving steel targets. Such a 1st world problem.

7 Likes

@Pew_Ding and @TheThreeLaws - that Golden Boy is a special case. Try one out before you decide. The stock angle definitely impacts cheek weld versus the H001 rifles. I don’t fit the Golden Boy as well as I fit the H001s.

22lr is what’s missing in my collection. While I was waiting for my custom serial numbered Evil Roy I decided that it should belong to a friend’s son. I’ve been on the hunt for a Remington Nylon 76.

8 Likes

@Dred Who would ever thought that the 76 would be Like the Price of Gold,Still kicking myself in Rear over getting rid of mine in the 70’s What a Straight Shooting and Fun Gun for the Grand babies :anguished:

6 Likes

No kidding!. Whoda’ Thunk it?
When I was a kid, dad ended up with a 76, as part of some kind of trade.
Mom, Dad, and I all shot old Remington pumps, so it just sat in the gun cabinet, and I don’t remember anyone ever shooting it. I know I never did.
A few years later a guy he worked with bought it, and gave it to his daughter on her 12th birthday, as her first gun.

9 Likes

yea I remember the days that a nylon 66 cost around 50$ or a stevens over under, 22/410 was around the same price. Ive still got a coupe of trombone slide (pump action) 22 carnie guns, as well as Savage Stevens Lee Bolt action single shots, Glenfield Marlin 10 rnd bolt action 22 rifles( that one is on a full size stock,its on par with a Remington 700 as far as size)
I remeber when i got back to the states for the first time since the early 70s, that was i think 1983, I was in charleston for about 4 months before shipping out again, and i bought a WINCHESTER 30/30 new at K mart for 175$ and I thought i was getting had…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: gone are the days of the 65$ red star SKS, the 4 for 100$ Makarovs, Russian, Romanian and Polish, and used Colt 1911s at the pawn shop for under $125. didnt Remington make the 66,76,77, 10,11 12 with the dupont 66 formula stocks?

7 Likes

@GOBLIN

Yes, I believe so.

I remember when I could buy a Colt Woodsman 22lr, out the door tax and all, for 128.00 and change.

9 Likes

Took the 16 inch rossi 357 m92 for test drive. I really like the way the 16 inch barrel feels over the 20 inch I previously owned.

Just as accurate and absorbs recoil the same.

Standing free hand I didn’t notice the front end of barrel. Much nicer to shoot.

Swings from target to target quicker.

Very happy with its performance. Happy camper

10 Likes

My sentiments exactly! I thought it was a great value when I bought it. Buddy of mine referred to it as ‘the Original Assault Rifle’ legal in all 57 states😜

12 Likes

Rossi gets a bad rep, but the Rossi RIOGRANDE 45/70 I had was sweet.
Fit and finish was perfect. And function was flawless, as well. Nice rifle.

11 Likes

Sigh. I knew I shoulda never looked in here. Always wanted a Mare’s Leg…in .357 mag.

6 Likes

native%20meme%2010

7 Likes

next one i get will be the Henry mares leg set up as a SBR …like this

9 Likes

@GOBLIN

This is my favorite shirt… I over-wore this tee!

4 Likes

scue me while i rant a minute. the above mares leg SBR lever action. has a 12.5 inch barrel. and requires a tax stamp.because it has a stock.
If i cut that stock, down to the edge of the hump, its still a stock, not a brace, and its even more concealable, but requires no Tax stamp…:crazy_face:
my contender in 45/70 has a 14.5 barrel with compensator. and a pistol grip .its a pistol.
But if i added a stock it would to be a SBR requiring a Tax stamp
a s i n g l e s h o t SBR
Let that sink in.
but i add 2 inches to the barrel, and its a rifle again… and no tax stamp ITS A MIRACLE!!!

does any of this crazy crap in any level of hell, make any damn sense???

9 Likes

Buck, since when has any firearm regulation made sense?

7 Likes

@Texprep never. Mike I got confused with the whole sporting shotgun VS destructive device argument in the 90s…head never has got straight after that :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

7 Likes

@GOBLIN @Texprep

That could be defined as, “The Magic of Malarkey” combined with a very Liberal amount of “Excessive Stupidity” .

8 Likes