M*CARBO Brotherhood

Let’s see or hear how you’ve decorated your Sub2k

I thought I would see how others have blinged out the 2k. I currently have the double charging handle, buffer tube cover, Folding rear sight, and was looking for a good hand-stop when I came across this lil fella on Amazon. It’s cheap enough that if it breaks I’m not upset. Feyachi PL-31 Laser Sight Compact Shockproof Red Dot Laser Sight with Picatinny Rail for Pistol Handgun Shotgun Rifle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KVX2VST/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_VVe2Fb7H9Y2WK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

By mounting it to the bottom rail it acts as a hand stop and the on off buttons are on the sides by your hand. I’ve got it dialed in at 40 yards to where I can look down the front sight post and it is spot on with the post. It also eliminates the goofy cheek angles on the stock when wearing classes and ears at the range.

6 Likes

Hey @Beezer
Have a question? Did you by chance shoot, lets say, this December 2020 Contest Target, friendly competition. The SUB2K qualifies for divisions: Div. B 50yd pistol caliber carbine, Div. D 50yd Open any caliper, Div. B1 100yd pistol caliber carbine, Div. D1 100yd open to any caliper, Div. EO 25yd centre fire any caliper.
I’m looking for an optic that would mount, as your setup, to get me on target better. I’m still working on getting my SUB2K dialed in but am thinking if I had a laser sight in your configuration (still folds) I can start shooting other divisions. I currently am shooting only the Div. EO 25yd centre fire any caliper with the SUB2K and would like to kick it up to other divisions… PCC 50yd divisions, maybe even 100.
Perhaps a laser sight would work for me as well.
What is your grouping at 40yds?
Cheers,

@Moosecall I will get to the range this week and send you grouping photos. I did not take any when I went yesterday. I dialed the laser in for 20 yards since a 9mm isn’t meant for long range, I have other toys for that. From standing I can usually put all the rounds in about a 2 to 3 inch grouping. If I take my time and steady or use a bench rest I can almost drive a nail with it. The grouping is almost on top of one another. That’s with keeping the rear site folded and using the front site to aim the laser.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing!
A snag… I still have the factory rear sight which cannot be folded, have to upgrade that for a start.
Looking forward to seeing your target.
Thanks for sharing,
Cheers,

1 Like

@Moosecall Jean, I’ve seen where the legs of the rear O.E.M. sight have been clipped off to allow it to fold. Check the search topic icon.

3 Likes

@Don68
Hey, thanks for the tip, I’ll do that if I have to…
Thinking i should buy the replacement rear sight anyway, but this is a great start.
Cheers and thanks.

1 Like

No, sorry it does not qualify for these Divisions. it has it’s own, B, B1 and will also qualify for EO.

2 Likes

@Festus
Thanks for the clarification.
I hope to get some targets hanging in these divisions, SUB2K needs tweaking.
Cheers,

1 Like

@Moosecall See this post for info on clipping the ears of the OEM rear sight.

2 Likes

I’ve seen mods done to the stock rear sight. My only issue is redundancy, if my optic or laser dies, I have the option of flipping up the rear sight. No I wish a spring loaded flip front sight would be made. That I would buy up in a heartbeat, hint hint Mcarbo r&d folks.

2 Likes

Take a sharp box knife and cut the legs off
see this link.
Oct '18

You may already know this but the tabs labeled “A” in the photo below not only deploy and fold the rear sight but they also lock it in the upright position. If you cut them off at the approximate location shown, you can manually fold the sight down out of the way. The downside is that the sight will no longer auto-deploy when you unfold the firearm and you will have to manually raise it into position. I personally find that an acceptable tradeoff for being able to get it out of the way of the red dot.

Deployed

5 Likes

@Turmeric
Thanks, much appreciated. I’m saving the image for the mod when I get to that point.
If you shoot a perfect score at 25yds you sold me, hands down. lol
I checked the status of the laser sight you mentioned (hyperlinked), SOLD OUT… as usual.
BTW, next month if you want to bring out the shotguns… I’m in as well.
Cheers,

1 Like

@Turmeric
I was able to source this alternate sight, what do you think, comparable?

OR
Maybe this one is the better of the two?

I would look to see how they turn on and off and go from there. Try to find one that has the button near where you would hold the rail to shoot so you can activate it easily. Honestly, both of the truglo red dots look great. Keep me posted on which one you get and a review. I may want to upgrade eventually.

Brian

2 Likes

@Beezer
Hey, yes I will most likely go with the green laser as it is ambidextrous (I’m a left paw) installed the shell deflector for the SUB2K was a must for me, works great. I’ll keep you posted.
Cheers,

1 Like

I got a cheap (in price only) laser and mounted it behind my existing red dot. The two coexist together very well.

The laser…

If you zoom into this you can see them together…

2 Likes

Hey @TexasEskimo
Very slick, but why add a laser below a red dot, are they not similar or laser function is to enhance the visibility, range? Perhaps a laser is all I need and mount it as with @Beezer configuration. Quite a bit cheaper option than the green laser option… Truglo Micro-Tac Tactical Micro Green Laser 2x LR626 Batteries Picatinny Mount Aluminum Black TG7630G

1 Like

@Moosecall They compliment each other. For no/low lighting, or if I need to quickly go onto target, (no matter my body position) I can see the red laser. With bright light conditions I can acquire the target with my red dot.
When they are sighted in together and you look through the red dot you just see one red “dot”.

I have a similar set up on my SUB2k. When a green laser is sighted in with my red dot you see a brown dot on target (green + red = brown)…

2 Likes

@TexasEskimo. I was going to buy that green dot from Amazon but they were out of stock when I was looking. That’s why I went with the one I did. I’m not expecting mine to last more than a year and am already eyeballing a nice one from Sig Sauer, Lima1. I just need to go look at one to make sure it will work for me.

1 Like

@TexasEskimo @Beezer
Well that makes a lot of sense. So I can also use the factory front sight in combination with a laser. If I have a laser on target I would improve my accuracy on the range, I am sure of that. Looking forward to seeing Breezer target results. If it improves his accuracy I believe he is going to try Div. ER CF with the SUB2K and the “Feyachi PL-31 Laser Sight Compact Shockproof Red Dot Laser Sight with Picatinny Rail for Pistol Handgun Shotgun Rifle” setup.
Cheers,

1 Like