M*CARBO Brotherhood

LC9 trigger change - not just springs

Hello,
I have a Ruger LC9. It’s an older one from the first year or two that they came out so I don’t think it’s an “S” model but I’m not sure.

Anyway, I’m interested in the spring kit but I’m also not a fan of the fact that the trigger has to be pulled all the way to the stop before it fires. I would like the firing point to be moved forward more like most of my other pistols such as my Barretta 9mm.

Do you sell a kit that changes not just the trigger and hammer pressures but also moves the firing point forward ?

Thank you.

3 Likes

@Buck Welcome to the Brotherhood Buck.

The model of the Ruger is engraved on the left side of the slide. Galloway Precision used to make a trigger kit for the LC9 but I haven’t seen it listed the last few years.

4 Likes

@Buck Welcome aboard. As @Don68 said Galloway used to make a kit, Saints Arms also made it kit. I may be wrong but I don’t think the first series LC was the “S” model, that one came out to correct some of the flaws and in particular the horrible trigger. RTK Triggers used to make a trigger for the early LC9 but not sure they still do.

5 Likes

@Buck
@Don68
@Festus

I have the Lc9s Pro and am interested in replacing the trigger also.
I got the Mcarbo lighter trigger spring kit, but that didn’t work out for me and reinstalled stock spring.
I have contacted Galloway several months ago regarding when these triggers will be in stock.
I check every day.
They responded to a Email of mine on 4/9/20—

Hello

Thank you for contacting us regarding our product.

Product: Aegis Short Stroke Trigger for Ruger® LC9s® and EC9s® Pistols

Not currently. Should be back in stock between the middle to the end of May.

Just now sent RTK Triggers a Email ask if their triggers fit my Lc9s Pro.

I am favoriting the RTK because there is no trigger dingus.

4 Likes

@Buck welcome to the forum buck

4 Likes

Informative reading for the Ruger LC9 Mine is a first gen. LC380/9mm. Shown here with Lasermax and RTK trigger.
Edit: Also, Saints Arms trigger bar and MCarbo Spring Kit.

3 Likes

@Festus

I got a reply back…

No, sorry, it does not - we don’t make any triggers that replace ‘safety’ triggers.
Jeri
RTK Strategic LLC
Still waiting on Galloway Precision

4 Likes

@Festus
Rick my dad has the Ruger also. Gen 2 I believe, no laser. It his EDC.
He has a problem gripping this small pistol and racking the slide.
I am looking for something like this for him

https://brassstacker.com/glock/slide-pull-charging-handle-for-glock-pistols.html

5 Likes

@Captainjack88 Pretty slick gizmo Chris. Take a look at Pistol Slide Device or this Slide Spider

4 Likes

@Festus Thanks for the info on the Slide Spider. My wife has lost a lot of her hand strength due to chemo. This may be just the ticket for her. :wink:

4 Likes

@Don68 Hope it helps her Don.

4 Likes