Laser sight for revolver

Not sure if anyone has ever asked/talked about this topic but I searched and didn’t find it so wanted to ask. I have a S/W .38 SPL + P 442-1 revolver and was curious if anyone has an opinion about using sights on revolvers and if so, maybe a couple of recommendations on ones for my model. I use it for my main CCW and of course the range so any advice would be much appreciated.

5 Likes

@L3lll

Crimson Trace LG-105 grip laser. My dad has this on his 642. Shouldn’t interfere with any holster. Paint and squeeze…doesn’t get any easier.

8 Likes

Awesome thanks! I saw this one and was just a little hesitant to “pull the trigger” because I wasn’t sure it was a good one but this definitely helps.

3 Likes

Crimson Trace, Excellent laser. I put it 1 on a .38 Taurus & 1 on a S&W precision center .38.

5 Likes

You won’t regret it. I have them on three pistols (.380, .40 S&W and .45 ACP). Register it with CT and they’ll automatically send you a battery every year at no cost.

10 Likes

I have one on my S&W Governor, it has been flawless since I put it on five years ago.

4 Likes

Like the larger size CT #LG-305 grip on my S&W J frame. Adding a laser to any firearm for self-defense/home protection is a valid option for seniors. However, I registered with CT, and never got any batteries from them. Even contacted them but got no real explanation why.

1 Like

Put a laser on a 1 7/8” snubby for a client. In single action mode, 25yd “head” shots were a breeze. Could see the bullet flying, if the shadows were right. As long as there is some rifling, a grip and a consistent trigger, a laser will make easy hits on target.

2 Likes

I also have a crimson trace grip laser on my 642. Same as your revolver just a different finish. It’s been on for almost ten years and the laser is still dead on. as a bonus, the grip is much more comfortable than the factory grips.

3 Likes

@Grumpy49

Sorry you’re having trouble with CT. If you haven’t already done so, set up an account on CT’s site and re-register the laser. Can’t hurt to try.

2 Likes