M*CARBO Brotherhood

Larger Cal. Kel Tec

Doesnt KT make some kind of folding rifle chambered in rifle caliber?

1 Like

Yes, there’s a version of the SU-16 in .223 where the buttstock can fold up under the receiver, but nothing like the SUB2000. I figure the chamber pressure would be way too high for a rifle caliber and having the fold hinge right there.

3 Likes

Dang. You guys are well informed.

3 Likes

Check out this link for the XAR Invicta folding rifle:
https://www.fddefense.com/rifles/xar/

4 Likes

It seems to me that if they really wanted to go larger with a pistol-caliber carbine like the S2K, they’d have to go with a .45 ACP. That would require an entirely new gun, I’m quite sure.

But it would be really cool! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not a rifle caliber of course, but a .45 ACP pistol-caliber carbine, is what i’m thinking.

1 Like

I can see that XAR design working because the bolt/chamber interface isn’t right at the hinge joint. The point where the bolt lugs lock into the chamber is past the fold hinge. That’s why it can’t be folded with the bolt carrier group in the forward position and it has to be locked back to fold whereas the SUB2000 doesn’t.

1 Like

The price tag is what will stop me. $2500.00

2 Likes

Oh come on but you get a free t shirt it’s a bargain lol

1 Like

With my range down to 100yards or less I can’t see having another AR. The one I have now just sits in storage.

1 Like

That is a curious statement KM. Hypothetically, if you had the Kel Tec and an AR side by side and had to engage within 100 yds, which would you choose?

2 Likes

That is a tough question. I would probably grab the AR. the reason being I haven’t shot the Sub2000 more then 20yards as of this date. Is this the only options I have then the AR but if I have the option of any weapon I own then it would be the Mossberg 590. It is very good out to 100yds.

@Monty AR over Sub-2000 anyday, better everything on my AR…the only plastic part on my AR is the butt stock.

4 Likes

KM, I would have said that too. Anything the 9mm or 40 cal KT will do, the AR will do, faster. Lol

4 Likes

Except take the same pre-loaded mags from a properly matched carry pistol and give you a lot more “reach out and touch someone” distance with improved accuracy over that pistol. Cheap as chips to shoot, too, in 9mm. They’re all different tools, so select accordingly. :smiley:

4 Likes

I don’t know, I can’t imagine drilling dude other than from arms length away to 20ft max…:boom::boom:

2 Likes

the question was at “100yards” which would you choose?

2 Likes

My imagination is limited to 20 feet…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes JB. But what weapon would you use?

1 Like

@Boomchucker I see that revolver hidden away!

1 Like