M*CARBO Brotherhood

Kudos To Kel Tec For MCARBO Upgrade Turnaround Time!

I sent my (2) brand new S2K gen 2’s off to Kel-Tec with essentially all of the upgrades MCARBO offers for these rifles to Kel-Tec on 7 November. I just received an email from Kel-Tec today that the upgrades were completed and both rifles were shipped back to me today. Very cool…Wow! Delivery scheduled for this thursday.

A big salute to Sean and the team @Kel-Tec for under promising and over delivering!!

13 Likes

Kudos to Kel Tec for offering this service. What other firearm manufacturers would offer this kind of upgrade service on their product.

5 Likes

That is Nice And Fast ! They are Probably Getting Caught Up after the Great Rush ! After doing So many Barrels, They are Flat Rating the New M*CARBO Updates by now ! !:grin:

6 Likes

How does the process work with the Mcarbo upgrades? I have all the parts for the sub2K trigger and spring upgrades but am not confident in my ability to install them

3 Likes

Current options are: install yourself, send off to Kel Tec (search this site for the form to use) with $40; find a local gunsmith. That’s what I ended up doing.:+1:

4 Likes

I’ve installed all of my own MCARBO items. If you follow the videos Chris put out, you won’t go wrong.

6 Likes

@Foofops I did all the installs using MCARBO’s excellent video. Sometime in the future you will want to split the grips to do a deep cleaning and lube as these blowback guns get very dirty inside. Knowing the parts layout will help you a lot.

6 Likes

Here you go, Foofops, this will get you started…

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-installation-service-for-m-carbo-parts.aspx

Then box your Sub2k up with the upgrades and ship them directly to Kel-Tec.
They will charge you a $40.00 labor fee and ship it back.
Could I have installed the upgrades yes, Chris has excellent install videos. I think for resale down the road and having the KT professional upgrade and factory install receipts is a plus should I ever decided to sell.

This thread was more about the stellar turn around time and KUDOS for Kel-Tec on installing my upgrades. All good!!

Hope this helps brother!

1 Like

You had a local gun smith do it? The form to send the sub2K to keltec is on this forum?

2 Likes

And thank you for the info

3 Likes

Yes, see the link I posted above in my earlier reply.

2 Likes

Yup! A gunsmiff I aren’t. All good now, have put 400rds through it. Functions perfectly :+1:

3 Likes

I put all the upgrades in my rifle just using the video, pausing it and backing it up when it had questions. My buddy ordered all the upgrades for his and guess who is installing them???
Yep, me… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I watched the trigger install by Chris from Mcarbo on YouTube a half dozen times before I did the install myself. You are the owner if this fine Sub 2000 and you’ll want to be familiar with it’s details now or later. Let alone it’s fun and rewarding. Thanks for the great detail of Chris’s video or I might of not purchased the gun at all. My YouTube is
Keltec sub2000my mods
Thanks
Greg

2 Likes