M*CARBO Brotherhood

KelTec Sub2000 minimum upgrades

If I had endless money, I would do all m-carbo upgrades …

… that said, like all of us, funds are always limited.

What are your minimum upgrades for performance would you do on the Sub2000?

My first was the M-Carbo flip mount for a red dot due to my older eyes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ive done all the internals on my sub and its night and day difference from stock sub. My opinion on the best upgrade if you was only doing a couple things. The trigger kit would be at top of list if not the best improvement. I love my sub2k with all the upgrades but for the investment i could have built 2 ar rifles.

6 Likes

If i could only pick 2…
Aluminum takedown lever, and stainless feed ramp

5 Likes

If I could only choose 2 it would be the stainless steel feed ramp and the tool-less locking pin.

That being said, my advice to you would be, instead of getting the feed ramp, just save up the money and get the the all in one pro trigger bundle. I know it’s a lot more expensive, but if you wait for one of MCARBO’s sales it’s not such a tough pill to swallow.

5 Likes

Agreed on the aluminum takedown lever and stainless feed ramp.
However, an important upgrade that will likely save your rifle from a bolt blowback beating over the long haul, is an inexpensive item - a Recoil Buffer.

6 Likes

The aluminum takedown lever is great as is the stainless steel feed ramp. I will say one thing about adding parts to the sub. If adding additional upgrades later is a possibility i would do like DocA said and save up to get the bundle kit. The sub isnt the easiest gun to take down and many have trouble with reassembly. So its easier to tear it down once then several times.

5 Likes

Really a convenience upgrade, if tearing down often. Hardly a necessity, once you find a long screwdriver, and figure it out the first time, its not hard to line up the original pin.

2 Likes

Everyone has their own idea of what is a necessity is. Some will say the optic mount with a Romeo 5 on it when I can see just fine through the factory sights. Some will say the 2 finger charging handle where I have no trouble racking it back with one finger.

3 Likes

But while you’re in there…might as well do it all.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Had I known the M series was a thing before I bought my sub2k, I would have bought one. I would have saved money. I bought the rifle twice, and then some.

But it was good to tear it apart and see how it works. Genius in its simplicity of concept and function, but poorly executed by cost cutting in the manufacturing process.

3 Likes