M*CARBO Brotherhood

Keltec Sub 2000 Red Dot suggestion Post M*Carbo Mount

I’m looking for the best red dot sight for my Kel-Tec sub 2000. I just bought the new mount from M*Carbo and am looking to see what sight works best on that gun. The gun doesn’t need a sniper sight, just something to make target shooting easier. The sight that comes on the gun is low and tight.

4 Likes

I’m ordering the Sig Romeo 5. Gunbuyer.com has it for $119.99. One of the best prices I’ve seen lately. https://www.gunbuyer.com/sig-sauer-romeo-5-1x20mm-2-moa-red-dot-sight-sor52001-sigsor52001-gb.html

6 Likes

Looks cool! Do you have the new flip mount from M*Carbo? I want to see what people are using with that new mount on the Sub-2000. I want something that holds up when flipped up and down and does not need to be adjusted frequently. Concerned with the accuracy of the sight with all that movement caused from the folding and unfolding of the gun.

3 Likes

Best?

Look at Trijicon or Aimpoint - possibly EOTech if a holographic weapon sight will work for you.

I run a Holosun 507 Micro Red Dot Sight. It’s good, but it’s missing that been-to-war resume bullet point.

5 Likes

[quote=“DanG, post:3, topic:8734, full:true”]
Looks cool! Do you have the new flip mount from M*Carbo? I want to see what people are using with that new mount on the Sub-2000. I want something that holds up when flipped up and down and does not need to be adjusted frequently. Concerned with the accuracy of the sight with all that movement caused from the folding and unfolding of the gun
[/

Actually just ordered the MCarbo sub 2000 along with the optics mount. Got it yesterday. There are some good videos on the mount and the red dot on you tube if you are interested in checking them out.

4 Likes

I saw the video and also bought the mount. I wanted to see what folks were using and what they liked and did not like based on the Keltec Sub.

5 Likes

@DanG Welcome to the Brotherhood ! I’m Using the Fast Fire 3 and No Complaints as Far as Cowitness or staying on zero’

5 Likes

Different answer: I’ve run Holosun 407, Seeall Gen 2 Trit, and finally settled on the 507c for the MCARBO mount. The 507c is a Micro scaled (pistol mount size) sight with solar and battery power sources pushing the 2MOA dot and/or 32MOA ring. I like it’s reduced scale for size and weight.

This works well for my needs and is backed up by an O’light light/green laser on the lower Picatinny.

(happened to have it pulled from the truck 'cause I finally ditched my front sight this weekend)

I built my Sub to provide an accurately placed 75 yard hole punched within 10 seconds of touching the carry case. It is my truck gun built to provide me option and ability to stop a problem bad guy.

I like Holosuns more and more. Beyond the s2k’s 507c: I run a 508T on a semi auto 45 pistol, a 407 on my 12guage autoloader and I have a 507k on order for a compact pistol build.

11 Likes

I’m running the Holosun 503 GU because I prefer a circle dot reticle and it is reasonably priced/frequently on sale.
The mount is unlikely to cause any problems with returning to zero. Several members put the prototype through Hell trying to throw it off and I strongly suspect that Buck @GOBLIN may have fed it to a gator. All the reports I have seen indicated the mount performed without fail.

7 Likes

@Dred When did you change the color? The FDE was nice but I really like the blue/gray titanium look.

5 Likes

Hmmm ???

Still FDE here. Took the pics with the tablet, so …

Could be reflection added by the French Bulldog Hair - these monsters shed the stuff like strippers shed glitter.

6 Likes

@DanG

My View’ Works for my Old Eyes

4 Likes

@Dred Love the Color’ How is the Stock Mod working Out For You.

5 Likes

@Dred My monitor may be off but it looks blue gray on my computer. Wish you could see it that way because it is kinda nice. Looks a bit like a battleship.

6 Likes

Looks blued/gray to me also. I like the look. Looks pretty badass.

3 Likes

Some of the sights are raised and some are not. On the sub 2000, does it need to be raised or can you get a low platform?

4 Likes

MCARBO rear sight is foldable. It can be set to deploy automatically so that it must be folded out of the way every time its opened, or like mine which never deploys until I physically raise the sight. Your MSeries will be delivered in the first condition, but you will be able to fold the sight down quickly.

Regarding the blue-grey look - I see it that way on my phone and I like it :+1:. I haven’t split my grip halves since @Kona scored the titanium color from Kel Tec. Gotta say I could absolutely live with the color and I may have been considering it since that time.

7 Likes

I have the sig romeo 5 on mine. just ordered the flip up mount. It works great.

2 Likes

Damn, did you have to modify anything to put that stock on?

2 Likes

6 Likes