M*CARBO Brotherhood

KelTec SU 16 (all models)

@Txhillbilly the PLR is a very appealing firearm and definitely fills that void

@Timmy6216 you may be familiar with this ruck, this is my EDC/Truck gun setup. Lives in this pack

4 Likes

She’s another nasty one. I didn’t see a section for it but I would put a picture up but it isn’t a su16.

4 Likes

Okay so I don’t know who will read this or who I should reach out to but I’ve had a project in work for a hot minute and effectively is a bad lever for a su16 all variant or PLR 16 all variant. My partner and I acquired a collection of pieces directly from Kel Tec and we welded some pieces to it and effectively made it so that you could drop the bolt without pulling your hand off the grip. I would like to know if somebody would be interested in seeing this up close and whether or not there could be a deal work to put this thing into production for other s u owners. My partner and I made a few prototypes and we actually sold a couple on the Kel-Tec Owners Group but that was some number of years ago.

4 Likes

@Timmy6216 you’ve got my attention :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Opinions please… I picked this thing up (used) over 12 years ago when I was living in CA. At the time I had extremely limited rifle options. I think it is an “A” model. After using a bit – I got to like. It is extremely light weight and compact. It currently has a Simmons 3-9x32 scope on it (came on the rifle). It is nice, but due to the size I need to remove the scope to break it down all the way. That is a pain in the posterior for all the obvious reasons. I was thinking of running a Meprolight M21 on this thing. Anyone using a M21? Will that solve my problem? I also, I think it is time to upgrade / modernize this thing. Anyone have any suggestions on good upgrades / mods for this thing?

1 Like

So, I finally got around making minor upgrades to this SU-16. I got rid of the bi-pod, which I was never a big fan of. It turns out it is a SU-16B. I put a Magpul Zhukov forefend (for an AK) on it. I got the idea from one of the Kel-Tec boards. I also put Velcro universal sling mount I got from Israel.

I was originally going to change the stock, but then I decided I kind of like the original stock, because it holds 2 ten round mags.

Next thing I would like tackle are sights / optics. Ultimately, I would like to have a modern optic with co-witnessing iron sights. I have been checking the boards - it seems it may be a bit of a kerfuffle to make that happen. Anybody got any hacks or ideas? The other option would be to use Meprolight M21, because it doesn’t use batteries. However, as w/ everything cost is always a consideration. Thoughts?

1 Like