M*CARBO Brotherhood

KelTec SU 16 (all models)

Any of you other Sub2000 guys also own a SU16?

3 Likes

I’ve got the Bravo model, With the KelTec compact handguard. Despite all the negative opinion of the KelTec factory 10 round mags I have found them to cycle reliably everytime. I still just keep them in the buttstock as backups and use Pmags for primary. Probably going to get the red lion handguard fer it. This rifle as pictured with 50 rounds on board weighs 6.2 lbs

4 Likes

I have had the PLR-16 for years. Always planned on getting a SBR stamp for it and installing the rifle buttstock on it. Just haven’t done it yet.

3 Likes

@Txhillbilly I couldn’t decide between the PLR and the SU. Ultimately the SU presented itself first so I jumped.

1 Like

@ChrisNelson could you do me up something like this but with an improved handguard? Something with a small pic slot near the front for a light mount? May still be worth it for you to make a better spring kit so the bipods deploy effortlessly and are more stable during shooting. Also improvements can be made to the take down pin. Most guys get the little 1/4 pins but that ring is too big and in the way of establishing a good comfy solid grip least fer me. All the 1/4 pin needs on it is like one of those round thumb tack heads but bigger. Something big enough to grab but no intrusion on your trigger hand. :pray:
3 Likes

So I got tired of the pain in the ass takedown pin and improvised my own. One of my Farrow rods was the perfect fit. There is no intrusion on grip for me unlike the hitch pin with the ring. Also you don’t have to hear it slapping the side of the grip. The handle is perfect size for a thumb grip and when I put it away it clips To my optic riser mount. Also added element of the rifle having that on board. Very Happy with this.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Much better than having to use a tool or round to remove it

1 Like

6 Likes

Hey there fellow su16 people my name is Tim I am brand new to The Forum and I am proud to be a former Marine as well as the dad and general Kel Tec enthusiast.

5 Likes

@Timmy6216 welcome to the table bud. That’s a mighty fine looking SU. Is that the red lion hand gaurd?

1 Like

No actually that is a handguard that was originally meant for a FAL and I modified it because I like the way it fit better than the Red Lion

1 Like

Slightly better photo of the old girl

3 Likes

@Timmy6216 that’s awesome, I didn’t think it was. Awesome rifle and fun to shoot. Can be applied to many different things

1 Like

@Timmy6216 it’s hard to make out is that a PA magnifier?

1 Like

I’ve gotten to do some pretty cool training and when I take it out it does anything and everything someone’s AR will do and when it doesn’t have its drum mag it’s actually lighter than most I love mine to death it started out as an su-16 Charlie butt evolved into an echo

1 Like

Yes. Good eye. It came to me along with the EO

1 Like

@Timmy6216 ya the weight is the best feature next to the folding function.

1 Like

I used to miss the folding function but I actually have a PLR-16 with a brace on it that really does serve the purpose for anything I need that short and fun and Powerful

2 Likes

@Timmy6216 thanks for your service BTW :+1::eagle::us_outlying_islands: