M*CARBO Brotherhood

Keltec P17 (compact 17 round .22)

I super enjoy my cp33 but know I thinking do I really need a 17 round glock 19 size 22lr?
Tick-tock, tick- tock, tick- tock…
Heck yeah!!! The price is the deciding factor for me. It’s a why not gun. If the trigger is the same as the cp33 fixed barrel then it should be pretty darn accurate
I have picked up the ruger lcr 22lr twice. Sold the first then missed it so much got another. It’s just a fun accurate little gun.
I am sure this will be the same and maybe wean me of the lcr.

Not out till November…ugh! Must we play this game … good marketing though… by the time they ship I am sure the buzz will get them to sell out.

They should do a kel tec owners first choice program on guns.

5 Likes

I like your thinking about Kel-Tec owners getting first priority to purchase!!! I imagine if the price was right (maybe 50-75 below MSRP) then Kel-Tec owners would be throwing their money at them to get their latest product.

2 Likes

Sent kel tec sales regarding this idea. I think it’s a good one not only for us but for them. Plus I think it would increase owner loyalty.

We’ll see if they reapond.

4 Likes

Good luck getting a response back from them lol

1 Like

Pretty sure if I decide I would want one, I would wait 2-3 years. That way all the reliability issues would be known and there would be a ton of after market parts to make it work. Can’t sell my S2K for even half what I’ve spent to make it reliable. If I could, I wouldn’t have a Kel-Tec at all.

2 Likes

@popeye. I had no problem with reliability with my s2k out of the box. I spent money on making it more fun and or comfortable to shoot. I could have left it stock and have been fine with it. I like to see how it can be improved. Its become like a 10/22 with mcarbo upgrades.

I agree that now I would.take a serious loss of I were to sell it. When I look at the 9mm carbine alternatives all of them pail to the s2k.

Light weight, glock mags, compact storage etc.
I am happy with mine.

Infact here is a list of my kel tec weapons that I shoot regularly with not ever having an issue.
Cp33, ksg, su22c, rdb. All have been issue free with hundreds and some thousands of rounds.
( purchased rdb used, barrel had an issue kel tec fixed and upgraded no charge. Now runs like sewing machine)

I find kel tecs innovation and light wieght appealing,

4 Likes

One has to admit that Kel Tec makes a decent firearm? Made in USA, competively priced, lightweight, mag adaptation, countless upgrade options, and good customer care… And yet, there is always room to criticize about it? Unfortunately, the buyer does not know what is in store for them when they purchase ANY firearm? When they throw all of the MCarbo upgrades into it, they have an expensive weapon that is considered at best ‘mediocre’ in the firearm industry. All that really matters is whether or not it is the right fitment for the individual? If the gun was actually purchased for an ‘investment,’ how many would actually consider the Kel Tec name brand??? I am just wondering? :thinking:

2 Likes

Decent? To some. In my opinion I will never consider buying another Kel-Tec product. As I previously stated, I own just the S2K. I bought the Gen 1 back when they were going for $500-$600 all over the place. I got a fair deal and got mine for a tad under $500. I had 2 out of battery detonations. The first one I called and Kel-Tec sent me a couple replacement parts because the Safety was damaged. I put it back together and about 5 months later had the second OOB. I sent the gun to them and they replaced the grip, the barrel, and all internals except the bolt and trigger. Lacking confidence in it, it sat in my safe for over a year. I got motivated to shoot it some more and the front sight came loose and would rotate on the end of the barrel. I emailed and they said I could super glue it, or send it in and exchange it for a Gen 2. I opted to upgrade to the Gen 2. I have installed most of the M*Carbo parts and while it seems reliable (and safe so far), I still don’t shoot it much at all. I much prefer my Ruger PC Carbine over the S2K. If someone offered me $600 for the Kel-Tec, I would take the loss and sell it. Other than that, it’s going to sit on the shelf in one of my gun safes.
I like the concept of many of their product designs, I have zero confidence in their execution of those designs. Others may have 100% confidence and may have experienced no issues, but I’m not sold on them.

4 Likes

Yeah, that threw me for a loop when I first saw it. I’ve never even handled a pistol with a mag release like that, but I’d like to try one. It looks super fast and I virtually always have to break/adjust my grip to hit a conventional mag release button.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some for sale on-line. Order one and have it shipped to your favorite FFL to do the transfer. :+1:

3 Likes

I have a hardline stance about never getting another KT pistol after the crap I went through with more than one in the past. In fact, I swore off KT completely for well over a decade until I found out about the Gen 2 SUB2000. I’d always liked the idea of the Gen 1, but I just couldn’t bring myself to buy one, if I could even find one back then. But, I had to have the Gen2. It was FANTASTIC…right up until the barrel recall… I thought I’d finally gotten a “good one”, but noooo… KT just couldn’t let me have that. I don’t even know what it would take to get me to buy another KT pistol or long gun. LOL

2 Likes

While I won’t buy another Kel-Tec firearm, I would not be opposed to receiving one as a gift. As long as it wasn’t paid for by one of my family members…

4 Likes

@Popeye

That’s OK!!! I am very ‘opinionated’ myself and don’t own one as well… I will ‘eventually’ buy one and am already sure that it won’t be ‘enjoyable’ out of its box! What a terrible thing to think??? :smiley: However, with all the information from the MCarbo Brotherhood available, I am sure I will have it TAMED when all the ‘upgrading’ is performed! I am NOT interested in a ‘once and done M-Series’ and also convinced that just throwing all the $$ at the M-Series is NOT a ‘cure all…’ I consider myself a STRONG 22 builder and by the time I build the SUB2K, it will run ‘equally’ as well… :wink:

2 Likes

@Popeye

LOL (Too funny…)

1 Like

@sbitterle

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood!

1 Like

KEL-TEC P17 Flat Trigger (Red or Black Anodized) Coming Soon!

9 Likes

Dangit! You are gonna make me buy a P17 now. Lol.
That’s very nice work. Looks great. Thanks Chris.

3 Likes

@ChrisNelson thank you Chris

3 Likes

Your killing me. Nice work

3 Likes