M*CARBO Brotherhood

Keltec P17 (compact 17 round .22)

Keltec P17

Looks pretty nifty but the really interesting thing is the $199 MSRP.

9 Likes

Imma going to need to see a lot of reliability reports on that thing. I don’t even trust their centerfire pistols. LOL

7 Likes

That thing is so hideous I kind of want it just because it’s so ugly. Lol

9 Likes

@thethreelaws lol you beat me to it.

7 Likes

Doesn’t look bad , wonder if they’ll be hard to get like cp33 ?

5 Likes

Eh, it looks okay to me. I’ll definitely want it if it works and you don’t have to practice voodoo just to load the mags to avoid rimlock.

4 Likes

@wedge like seriously who says “Boys, we need to bring a CCW .22 to market, stat!” If it was a Magnum I could almost understand.

5 Likes

I’ve seen it several times on various where people wanted a .22lr that was cheaper to shoot than .22 mag.

6 Likes

@wedge I’m acting like I’m not gonna buy it lol. CP33 has been on my list and I’ll prolly scoop this too. It’s still ugly. Haha

10 Likes

Are those two rear top screws for a red dot mount?

4 Likes

@dave67 doubtful or that would have been one of their major bullet points. Kind of strange they went with a trigger guard paddle mag release too.

7 Likes

I had the same thought: at first glance it looks like a red dot plate but I figure they’d have advertised it. And it looks like that rear area is gonna be the only part that reciprocates.

I actually kinda like the look. If it took CP33 mags I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Honestly even at full MSRP is super affordable, and seems like it could be a good trainer pistol. Fiber front sight and looks like blacked out rear sights, in a small and intimidating package. Could be great to introduce people to shooting.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be shocked to see a .22 mag version follow. That could be halfway decent for people a little intimidated by 9mm. Minimal recoil and high capacity could be decent with good ammo.

My only thought is an M&P .22 could be a better trainer since I shoot M&Ps so much. But they’re about $50 more

4 Likes

Looks like another kel tec is on the buy list. If it’s as accurate and reliable as the cp33. The cp33 has been such a great shooter for me that its little brother should be no brainer. The price makes even more attractive. 14 ounces fully loaded. What’s not to like.

5 Likes

It’s okay. I like it. Good competition piece for the TX22, maybe.

4 Likes

Still waiting on the cmr33. Great companion to the cp33. Hopefully shot show. A man can dream.

5 Likes

Ugly, Ugly, Ugly! Rear sight mounted on separate slide, not very good for accuracy. Too many screws holding the plastic together. Not impressed with this latest pistol from Kel-Tec.

3 Likes

Crap, I still haven’t been able to get my “hands” on a CP33!!!

2 Likes

@Partsed

There are 9 listings for the CP33 on Gunbroker right now, most are up for bid but there are a couple with the “Buy Now” option.

3 Likes

@Partsed wow. almost everyone is sold out!!
Dound rgis.one on gunsamerica ues it is a vendor so no issue of possible RIP off. Best price I have seen. Much less than I paid for.mine.
No wander blue label program. Oh well hopefully someone can get one at that price.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/10354261/salt-lake-city-utah-handguns-for-sale--kel-tec-cp33-22lr-33-1-cp33blk-keltec-blue-label

Here is another one at decent price

http://www.armslist.com/posts/10377403/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-handguns-for-sale--keltec-cp33

3 Likes