Keltec KS7 w/ Picatinny?

@Don68 are there any other tactical shotguns you like better?

Sorry I am out of likes again. :grin:

5 Likes

@Johnksg @Don68

6.9 lbs. empty and 26.1 in. long is compact and too heavy out front for me.

Being a diabetic and suffering from polyneuropathy (all challenges) make ANY WEIGHT too heavy for me! In my opinion, any person going through your course can use an ADVANTAGE WOULDN’T YOU AGREE? ALL THE BEST…

3 Likes

Will do, though it may not be until next weekend at this point. The weather doesn’t look like it’s going to cooperate this afternoon.

4 Likes

Sigh!!! You guys are going to get me into trouble. The Albany gun show is this weekend and while I did get to go yesterday, I am headed there today. Will be on the lookout for a SU-16C, KS7 or a CMR30…

Not that I need them, but I want them. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

So, I finally got my KS7 to the range this past weekend and the results were less than positive. I had numerous failure to eject issues where the empty shell would get stuck to the point where I had to use a rod to push it out. In some cases, the live round coming out of the mag tube would get jammed vertically between the barrel and the tube causing a catastrophic failure which required taking the gun apart to get it freed. I tried several different types of ammo, both high brass and low brass, and it made little difference. Looks like Kel Tec is still parkerizing the barrels inside and out like the KSG and the empties are getting hung up in the chamber. I’m going to do a fluff n’ buff and see if that solves the issue.

Wish I had better news, but on a positive note, the rounds I did get to shoot (mix of bird and buckshot rounds) weren’t unpleasant in the light shotgun. I do have a Limbsaver slip on pad installed, and I think that made a difference. I like the gun, just need to work out the kinks. If I can’t get it working, I’ll make Kel Tec.

6 Likes

@ronin sucks to hear that. Nobody likes buying a new gun that doesn’t work properly. Hope you get it sorted.

5 Likes