Keltec KS7 w/ Picatinny?

@Gatekeeper There you go…lets just hope KT made the barrel nut compatible with the ksg!

That would kind suck hard if they didn’t!

4 Likes

According to the MCarbo site. The choke adapter fits both KSG & KS7. :+1: I originally won the choke adapter for you. Here YOU go making me buy a KS7. :raising_hand_man: Fight it truly hard I am… NOT!

5 Likes

The KS7 is much easier to rack than the KSG. The new foregrip works well to keep your hand where it belongs and not accidentally in front of the muzzle.

I haven’t had a chance to shoot mine yet (the KS7, not my hand), but just test loading rounds, it seems pretty easy to do. Maybe a little more effort than my Mossberg 590, but not much more.

I removed the carry handle while working on trying to figure out how to get the barrel nut off. The handle removes easily by taking out two allen screws. Went back on just as easily. Not sure if I’m going to keep the handle or go to the KSG rail. I like the chevron fiber optic, so we’ll see after I get some rounds down range and maybe a competition or two.

8 Likes

@Ronin what what what??!! You already have one?

4 Likes

That’s only if you have the extend mag tube. The standard tube fits 12.

5 Likes

Yep. Bought it last Saturday.

6 Likes

@Ronin now that was a quick roll-out! KSG wasn’t even ready when they unveiled at shotshow 2011.

Can I ask what you paid?

5 Likes

I paid $449.

Kel-Tec said they were no longer going to show off a product before it was ready to ship. So far so good. Next up is the CP33. Hopefully that hits the market in the next month or so.

6 Likes

That’s a good operating practice for ANY business. Seems like the R/C world is finally catching on, too, with not announcing new models or whatever a year+ before you can buy them.

4 Likes

@Ronin well that is a pretty good price, all things considered. Wife and I will probably get 2-3 of them for these veteran shoots.

@Wedge btw what jet did you get?

4 Likes

70mm E-flite Viperjet.

3 Likes

@Wedge been over a decade since I was into RC aircraft and rockets. (Figured I could only afford one addiction - shooting in my retirement.)

Still kinda miss building airplanes though.

2 Likes

Stay away from R/C helis. That’s a deep rabbit hole to go down. :rofl:

4 Likes

@Wedge gonna stay away from all if 'em, I just can’t afford it AND shooting.

(I did love building those big radial engined airplanes though!)

3 Likes

@Ronin can you do me a favor? As soon as you get a chance to shoot your KS7 can you post a review or at least your opinions?

While I feel that KT has had enough time to get the basic design right with the KSG buying now kinda violates my “wait 1 year policy” :grin:

I really think this is exactly the shotgun I am looking for my training course.

7 Likes

Went to a gun show today and did not find a KS7 but I handled a KSG. It’s awful heavy for such a small package, unloaded, and no accessories on it. It was tan and the price was $795. I’ll wait for the KS7.

6 Likes

Don, buddy, brother…the KSG only weighs 6.5lbs empty! I don’t know of any other shotgun anywhere near that category that weighs that little!

4 Likes

6.9 lbs. empty and 26.1 in. long is compact and too heavy out front for me.

5 Likes

@Don68 okay, I was going from memory and not quoting the manual, but what out there is better in your opinion in regards to weight and balance/CG?

Not being snarky, honestly interested in your opinion.

5 Likes

@Johnksg We’re OK. It just didn’t feel right in my hands. I’m hitting 69 and holding a weight forward, “15 rounds loaded”, is just a little too much for me. Maybe the KS7 will be a better fit.

6 Likes