Keltec KS7 w/ Picatinny?

@ChrisNelson @Kona I asked Kel Tec but they were elusive in their answer. Will the KS7 be offered without the handle and bar across the top? If not will you PLEASE :pray: make a picatinny rail to replace that odd looking handle & bar assembly on top of what would otherwise be an exceptional shotgun.

6 Likes

According to the lead engineer on the KS7, yes. @4:00 into this video and they also show one with the standard KSG Pic rail mounted.

9 Likes

I wish you hadn’t posted that video. I’ve convinced my wife to get a KSG. Now i’m gonna have to add a KS7. I’m gonna go broke. Everytime i buy another gun, she makes another trip to the jewelry store.

9 Likes

Was never really into the KSG but after watching this video I really like the KS7.

9 Likes

Aliens pulse rifle must haveeeee!!!

9 Likes

Does anyone know if the KS7 has hit the market yet? Found one site online where its listed but not in stock and no reviews. Leads me to believe that they’ve listed it, but have not received any yet.

5 Likes

Hellz yeah! And, you’d have to go with the carry handle to make it look more correct. :+1:

8 Likes

@wedge no need to convince me. I think it looks awesome as is! I wouldn’t want it without the carry handle

8 Likes

I felt the same way … Now me want!

4 Likes

@Texprep

There are three on Gunbroker right now, one green Buy It Now for $649.99 (starting Bid $549.99) and another green and a black with bids on them.

7 Likes

Damn, must be gold plated or something. Suggested retail of $495.00 on the Kel-Tec website. Guess i’ll wait a little longer. Not like I need it, just want it.

4 Likes

@texprep that’s what always happens. Nintendo and Kel-Tec same practices. Undersaturate the market and inflate demand, cost, and anger.

5 Likes

I still aint in love with the carryhandle, but it does have other redeeming features…
@Texprep that always happens Mike, soon as a model starts braking loose, when they hard to find, a few dealers will buy all they can get their hands on just to triple-tap the markup knowing a few people will pay it just to have the model hot off the press.

I see it a lot with knives as well…

5 Likes

Yes. Yes it has… :grinning:

https://www.thektog.org/threads/ks7-pictures-thread-show-tell-no-discussion.270730/

1 Like

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Keltec%20ks7

Two stores listing KS7 $495

5 Likes

@Kona

Okay Logan you are wearing me down on this. I am starting to think that it would be a serious contender for situations were length and weight is an issue. (Eg. Truck gun, pack gun, home defender, etc.)

However I have two issues:

First, that gawd fugly carry handle has got to go! Yes to the pic rail. :+1:

Second, not so sure about the foregrip. Those who have KSGs know you gotta rack it like your angry…many of us mount an RVG just for that reason. (Added leverage). I don’t see how you can mount an RVG to this one?

Loading a KSG is a bear, the saving grace is your combat reload is to just flick the selector lever. For the KS7 I would look at it as “7 and done”. Reloading under fire, under stress, on the move…well it ain’t gonna happen!

Like I said elsewhere if it mounts in the roof rack of my truck or utv then I am interested.

5 Likes

@Johnksg Actually the racking is much softer than the KSG. See at 5:25 of the video @Wedge posted above 11 days ago.

5 Likes

@Johnksg one more for you. Using Aquila mini shells you can put 17 into a KS7. Here is a mag dump of a KS7 doing just that. Video is 34 seconds.

7 Likes

Lol @Gatekeeper your trying hard to sell me! :grin:

I love my KSGs they fill so many roles well. But they are chunky monkeys and it is all but impossible to fit them in a standard vehicle gun rack.

I am warming up to the idea…

Aww who the heck am I kidding I will probably go and order three of them at that price. (Still less $$ than my first KSG.)

5 Likes

I am waiting for my tax return money then going to pop for it. I already have the choke adapter, now need the shot gun accessory for it. :smiley:

5 Likes