M*CARBO Brotherhood

Kel tech problem

Having problems with my kel tech 2000 gen 2… not an m series… failure to feed. charging handle goes in 3/4 of the way and sticks, won’t chamber round and when it does next round doesn’t feed either very disappointed

5 Likes

call support they will try to help

6 Likes

@Corruptedflesh A couple of things you might check Tim. Are there any scratches on the bolt? Check the feed ramp for gouges if yours is the plastic one. Try a different factory magazine. Try a different brand of ammo. Is this a new sub with this problem or has it been shot a lot and this problem just happened? Have you disassembled the sub? Sorry to hear you have a problem.

13 Likes

which magazine does it take, is it a factory magazine, which ammo(manufacturer)
is the weapon broke in or new, is the lock fully engaged, (guard) has rifle been disassembled. just like don68 said. start at the top of a list and eliminate problems…

10 Likes

Check the upper feed ramp. One end of it is fairly square, the other side is angled. Sounds like someone may have installed it backwards.

7 Likes

@Texprep have even seen em spit a few out(break the ramp) on first coupe of rounds right Mike?

4 Likes

@GOBLIN, Haven’t heard of the upper ramp breaking but it is possible. The lower plastic ramp has been known to break and/or come out. The upper ramp is that little stamped metal piece held in place by the two hand grip halves. The one on my .40 cal had a real bad burr on it and would occasionally cause a stovepipe/failure to feed. When I had it apart to replace the hammer bushing I filed off the burr and then polished the ramp. Problem solved.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for the comments really appreciated and helpful… bought it used a few weeks ago so this was my first time shooting it… so really pissed off about it called the gun store so he’s gonna send it kel tech… hopefully they fix it so i can sell it cause i just ordered the mseries a few days ago … can’t wait!!

4 Likes

You just had to mention it spitting out the feed ramp didn’t you. Took my .40 S2K to the range today. Ran through about 75 rounds no problem. Then jammed about 4 times. Dropped the mag, pulled back the charging handle. Out comes the round AND the feed ramp. Upon disassembly found the notch where the trigger guard locks the barrel in place cracked. Reassembled it and sending it in for repairs.

4 Likes

@Corruptedflesh welcome to the forum tim

4 Likes

@Texprep

Mike, I have a ‘habit’ of ‘co-witnessing’ Creator’s Calls (Murphy’s Law.) when it comes to my wife and being ‘lazy’ resting her coffee cups and our ottoman! I mean, how easy is it to 2nd guess an animal spilling a ‘personal drink’ BEFORE it happens??? (I guess that I will be sleeping on the sofa 'next to the drying ottoman? ) Big smiles!

2 Likes

@Texprep tactical%20cat%2076 I double checked mine while i had it apart yesterday, on the sub2000, make sure i didnt jinx mine…

3 Likes

@GOBLIN,
damn-you-murphy-and-your-little-law-too-imgflip-com-damn-49012584-1

2 Likes

@Texprep ahh Mike thats what it is, I have a working time machine somewhere, I had flashed fwd to today, saw you had broken yours, then flashed back before you broke yours and posted to the thread about one breaking, but it seemed like DAJA-VU because it hadnt happened yet
:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
now, i canna remember where i parked the damn thing…

2 Likes

@Texprep Mike got a pic of where it cracked? Ive seen em spit the ramp, but not the notch dog cracking… the ramp split cross the pin hole? Plastic one?

2 Likes

Glad to be here… can never talk to much about guns and hunting lol

2 Likes

@GOBLIN, It wasn’t the feed ramp that cracked. It cracked in the area where the trigger guard locks up on the forend. I don’t know if that is why it spit out the MCARBO feed ramp or if the bolt slamming forward onto the feed ramp caused the crack. The crack is highlighted with whiteout. The feed ramp is also showing signs of being hit either by the bolt or a round (s) being chambered.

Don’t know how well you can see the feed ramp damage in the pic, but it was highly polished when it was installed. Another thing I noticed when comparing the plastic feed ramp to the SS feed ramp is that on the plastic feed ramp the lead in angle is cut in deeper than on the SS feed ramp. I believe that is why it was feeding FMJ ammo no problem but hollow points were sometimes jamming. The bigger the hollow point, the greater the tendency to jam. It appears the hollow point was hitting just below the lead in angle causing the jams.

6 Likes

@Texprep that dang feedramp looks like the bolt hit it dont it Mike? i dont see a copper jacket 9mm with a brass case dingin up a SS feed ramp like that, less you found some steel cased experimental AP rounds somewhere.:smiling_imp:
any dings on the bolt brother?
you been shooting std rounds right?Round nose? no +P, any of em sound hotter? like they might a been over charged? I swear that latch split like that looks like a pressure overload… makes me want to contact check the latch to ensure its locking with equal pressure across the face. and how the hell did the ramp just pop out, it does look like it had help but how does the slot and tube where it locks in look? any torsional damage?

3 Likes

@GOBLIN, It is a .40 cal MSERIES, not a 9mm. No +P rounds and no steel or aluminum rounds. The rounds that would not feed very good were nickel plated Remington 180 JHP, factory ammo. Chamber, bolt face, and extractor still look fine. The tube also shows no sign of damage. This is the ammo I was shooting when it failed. Have shot 100’s of rounds of this ammo in the S2K as well as my Glocks in the past. Do not think it’s an ammo issue. Just can’t figure out if the ramp came out and when the bolt cycled forward hit it causing the crack or if the plastic cracked first allowing extra space for the ramp to come out.

3 Likes

I shoot a lot of that as well, never had a issue out Remington brand ammo, ok, (I ment 40 fingers in gear for mind caught up) seeing you have no damage to the bolt, or the tube or the back of the feedramp, it had to just about crack first and allow the ramp to bump out. but how in blazes it get by the inner tube spacer, they plastic or metal on the inside standoff on a M model aint been in one yet. any damage to it?
Maybe a bad lot of poly like with the hinge before? on the OD ones?

3 Likes