M*CARBO Brotherhood

Kel-Tec sub 2000 Stainless Steel Locking Pin

I am 70 yrs old and my fingers are not as strong as they used to be. Therefore I was unable to compress the spring to replace the locking pin. In order to compress the spring I used small two tie-raps pushed thru the spring and pulled the tie-raps tight on the bottom half of the spring in order to put the allen key in place. I did the same on the top half in order to replace the locking pin. Once I had every thing in place , I cut the tie-raps to remove them. This saved my muscles and the skin on my fingers. I hople this will help you to replace your locking pin.

10 Likes

@Paul1 welcome to the forum melvin

2 Likes

Hi Paul!

I’m 65 and waiting to receive my S2K from MCARBO. Fingers crossed I won’t have the same problem you describe, but if I do your suggestion sounds great!

Welcome to the Brotherhood!

4 Likes

@dougnr

Have you seen the twist method that’s been discussed in another topic? Basically you insert the allen wrench in the middle, like the video shows, then twist one end of the spring. It’s very simple and only took me a couple minutes to install. I did wear gloves that had a rubber coating on the fingers.

6 Likes

Thanks @DocA! I’ll keep both methods in mind. Again, really hoping I don’t need them but good to have alternatives!

2 Likes