M*CARBO Brotherhood

Kel Tec S2k New Rear Notch Sight/Adjustments

I have a Kel-Tec Sub-2k Gen2 and with the original stock iron sights, I had it dialed it in to where I’m happy at 25 yards. If course, with the stock sights, getting a good comfortable sight alignment sucks! So I recently ordered the MCarbo rear notched sight and I must say that it was way better. Issue is that now my point of aim and point of impact was way off…IF I remember correctly, it is slightly high and to the left. How do I adjust the front sight to bring the point of impact down? Do I screw the front sight post down all the way (bottom it out?) or up? I thought it was up, which I did and shot a few rounds, and due to recoil of the rifle, my front sight post came loose and was lost in the indoor range floor. Had to reorder a new front post AND front post detent button and spring.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!

Anh

2 Likes

@melonhead209 usually when you install a higher rear sight such as the MCARBO it wil drop the round “low”.

Dial the front sight post counter-clockwise to lower the impact of the bullet down. Move the windage adjustment clockwise to move the impact to the right.

P.S. Don’t adjust the set screw!

4 Likes

@melonhead209 If you adjust the front sight post so that the bottom of it is flush with the top of the pivot block then that should be very close to zero at 25 yds. with the MCARBO rear peep. Good for a starting point. That’s where I was at when I bore sighted it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help! I’ll try that out and see where/how it goes from there. :+1:

2 Likes

@Johnksg When I was working on my iron sights I put the stock Kel-Tec Sub-2000 rear plastic peep sight next to the MCARBO rear peep sight and they are the same height but I have heard people saying the MCARBO is taller, am I missing something here?

2 Likes

@dave67,

Kel Tec quietly redesigned their rear sight and started shipping them 'bout the same time MCarbo’s came available. MCarbo’s sight is taller than the factory sight through 3rd Quarter 2017.

7 Likes

@Dred Thank you for that bit of info. :+1:

5 Likes

@Dred So the newer S2K’s have taller rear peep sights which are now the same height as MCARBO’s, is this correct? I bought my S2K in Mar. 2018.

3 Likes

I’m not an authority on the issue, but … I’ve seen side by side pics that present very close. I did not line mine up when I ditched the plastic.

3 Likes

I thought I had read that some front sight adjustment was necessary after installing MCARBO adjustable rear tactical sight. Guess not. When I sighted mine in couple weeks ago, my first two shots seemed on the money. Maybe a click or two low?? I was aiming center mass, can’t really see the target lines.

The biggest problem is my own lyin’ eyes! :star_struck:

7 Likes

@Boomchucker Apparently the newer S2K rear peep sights are the same height as the MCARBO rear peep which is what I noticed and thus no change is needed in front sight.

3 Likes

Remember the rear sight is moved in the direction you want to move the impact and the front sight is moved in the opposite direction of POI.
Hope this is of help to you.

P.Owens SFC Ret.

2 Likes

I ordered your rear notched sight for my Kel-Tec Sub-2k Gen2 from you. How do I sight or set my front sight to my new notched rear sight? I sent a picture below and is the front sight post guard (drawn in red) supposed to be horizontally lever to the rear sight with the front sight post (in red) being in the middle?

2 Likes

@melonhead209 I have the rear peep sight but with a rear notch sight I would assume it would be the same as aiming with a pistol. The top of the front post even with top of rear

notch then target centered above front post.

3 Likes

Thanks Dave! I’ll have to try that out and hope that I will not do what I did last time after installing the new notched rear sight, and that was loosening up (counter-clockwise turn) the front sight post so much that the front sight post and spring below it came loose. Thanks again!

2 Likes

@melonhead209 That seems to be the same problem other shooters have had on this forum. Maybe line up top of front post sight with bottom of rear notch sight?..so target would be within the notch itself.20181219_185039

2 Likes

I have no idea but I think I will “imagine” the rear notch sight as a full circle (like the rear prep sight, which I should have ordered to keep it the same as the original Kel-Tec rear sight), and go from there. Imagine the rear notch sight as a rear peep hole and just place the top tip of the front sight post directly in the middle of the “imaginary” circle of the rear notch pull the trigger and go from there, I guess.

2 Likes

Being a longtime handgun shooter, I chose the notch sight. It works perfectly for me. Top of the front sight even with the top of the rear sight. The imaginary line across all three splits the bullseye/target.

5 Likes

Does anyone know the height of the M-Carbo sights? Center of bolt hole to center of the peep or notch, depending on which you have.

2 Likes

@Sub2K

From top of receiver to center of Mcarbo peep (40.8 mm or 1.606 in.). Look where I am measuring from, if you measure from center of the top of the receiver it does crown up a tad.

3 Likes