M*CARBO Brotherhood

Kel-Tec s2k buffer tube

I have an M*carbo edition s2k. And was wondering before I spend the money I’d like to know if anyone who has the kel-Tec heavy buffer tube installed afterwards any real noticeable difference with the upgraded heavy buffer tube? I know it’s supposed to help with recoil. Any input is appreciated.

1 Like

@S14kat Do you mean heavy bolt?

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming: Yes that’s what I meant.

@S14kat, LOL that’s what I thought you meant. I can’t speak from personal experience, but I have seen comments on here and various FB pages where S2K owners did say it made a noticeable difference in recoil. This is something I’ll be looking into as a future purchase. I have 2 separated shoulders so the lighter I can get the recoil the better. I’ve already installed the recoil buffer and recoilless charging handle. The muzzle break is suppose to help too.

2 Likes

I installed it. Did not notice a huge difference in felt recoil but it made the firearm less “snappy” which I see as a significant improvement. I can shoot all day (if I had some freaking ammo) now that the snappiness is reduced.

3 Likes

@S14kat

I have the S2K in .40 S&W which in stock form has a bit of recoil, it initially imprinted a bruise on my shoulder that looked just like the end of the hard plastic butt stock. I have since installed the Kel-Tec Heavy Weight Bolt along with the Recoiless Charging Handle, Bolt Buffer, Muzzle Brake and ATI Butt Stock Pad. Any one of these items by itself might help a little bit with felt recoil but all of these items working together does soften the felt recoil of the .40 caliber round…and no more bruising.

3 Likes

Yeah I noticed that too! that’s why I was asking because I have seen a lot people install but not much more info. My s2k is great I love it! Recoil isn’t bad I can totally manage it. But I did notice after shooting 250 rounds at the range. Some bruises and lines on my shoulder. I can’t purchase the Roil pad because it adds I believe an 1inch or 1-1/2 and right now at the shortest setting it’s just perfect. So I’ll most likely by purchasing this in the future.

1 Like

Mine has all the upgrades from M*carbo I don’t find it mine snappy.i didn’t notice at first But after 250 rounds the next day I saw I had scratches and a bruised shoulder nothing too bad. It was fun as heck to shoot that’s for sure! Thanks for your help.

1 Like

@S14kat

Yes, on the Mcarbo website it says the Buttstock “Pad” adds nearly an inch to the length of pull.

1 Like

Yup so hopefully the heavy bolt works out for me. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I still don’t understand how some think a puny, relatively low power pistol cartridge fired from a much heavier rifle platform has enough recoil that it somehow has to be mitigated. :rofl:

Da bruising brother … da bruising. I’m simply not willing to shoot mine like I shoot my 12guage and 45/70. With the puny cartridge my shoulder is an oak. 12g or 45/70 and that oak is suddenly a willow.

Faster follow up shots from the oak shoulder and frankly there isn’t enough push from the puny to rock into the big load rythm and roll.

1 Like

For me it was the jarring of my cheek/jaw bone that is most problematic, but the stock is also perfectly shaped to turn a shoulder into hamburger.

5 Likes