M*CARBO Brotherhood

KEL Tec PMR 30 SS Feed Ramp

It took me over 2 hours to get this installed. You have to bend a small spring and put it in a small hole on the slide stop bar. I finally got it in the hole but now there seems to be less tension on the side stop. I took it out again, I have an email into Mcarbo to see if the spring is replaceable. Anyone else make this upgrade?

4 Likes

After what you just went through not sure if I want to.
I’m getting into the range where I should, but I will wait for the feedback on this one.
Sorry I can’t be of assistance. Great question to the Forum. Stay tuned…
Cheers,

4 Likes

Opps sorry about that @Tphillips
Didn’t read that right, I was thinking of a different gun, no matter, you came to the right place to ask.
Cheers,

3 Likes

No problem, I forgot to add the PMR30 in the title.

4 Likes

Yes Sir ‘‘Billy Bob’’ Twas a True Test of Patience with or without the ‘‘Damn Wrench’’ That Should’a been Included in the Bundle
Was Ready to Put it in the Round File, and call it a Wash.

4 Likes

nope, watched the video, have the right tools, went right in. I used a small round, dime sized, buffing wheel to buff out the grooves 90 degrees to the lines and it went pretty fast. The included cone wheel when buffing parallel to the grooves just polishing them mostly, buffing perpendicular removes them quickly.

4 Likes

Mcarbo replied to my email,they don’t offer a replacement spring. They sent me a prepaid return label to return it for a new one. I suggested they offer a replacement one.

1 Like

I finally succeeded in getting it done, and the results are amazing. Like you, it took me a long time to figure out how to get that (!@##$%%%) spring in that tiny hole. I finally created a cobbled up jig by holding the tool they send in a pair of vice grips. This gave me the leverage I needed and it got my hands out of my line-of-sight. After using the jig several (hundred thousand?) times, I got the moves down so I could sometimes do it without the jig. If you are listening MCARBO, maybe you could make something similar for us by putting a handle on the tool, but maybe it’s not financially feasible just to assist us old geezers who don’t have their former eyesight or dexterity. The slide springs were also difficult for me because I don’t have a vise, again, I improvised by using the vice grips to hold the spring back (I used a thick pad to cushion the rod in the vise grip jaws). That little retaining clip is something else. It should be a real retaining clip that can be pulled off with pliers and re-used.

4 Likes

@hammertex Welcome to the Brotherhood’ As you can see by my above reply on the ********** spring for the Bar’ a couple more Millimeters on either end of Connecting points would have made it a’lot more user friendly. :grin:

3 Likes

I got my new feed ramp from MCarbo and finally got it installed. I’ll test it out hopefully sometime this week. If I remember I will post a picture tomorrow. Now I’m waiting on the aluminum slide stop.

2 Likes

Here is my PMR30 with the SS feed ramp installed.

1 Like