Kel Tec PMR-30 issues after upgrades

Hi there, I recently installed the Mcarbo complete kit (the smaller one with the 1st Gen feed ramp) on my PMR-30 and I have a couple issues.

First, it’s still jamming. Every second round or so fails to feed. If I pull back on the slide slightly, there will be the sound of a spring releasing and the round will chamber without issue. Possibly the magazine spring?

Second, after installing the new feed ramp, and hooking the small spring onto the slide stop bar, the small spring seems to not sit flush and the slide stop no longer springs back in to place. I have to hold the slide stop down manually to release the slide now.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

1 Like

Did you try to run it box stock? If so, how did it run?

1 Like

The same. Jammed up all the time. That’s what made me buy the Mcarbo upgrades.

Paul

3 Likes

I know it sucks to hear this, but I never upgrade a firearm until it works out of the box like it should. And, yes, that means send it back to the mothership until they get it right. Send it back to Kel-Tec and they’ll take care of you. Once it’s running right bone stock, then add ONE upgrade at a time and test fire it instead of basically rebuilding the thing with several upgrades and, if it’s not reliable, you don’t know which upgrade/mod is the problem.

6 Likes

Ya you’re probably right. Sigh.

5 Likes

I had to do it with my KSG12 that was completely FUBAR out of the box. They fixed it 100% on the first try and had it back to me very quickly. A-1 customer service from Kel-Tec that time. :+1:

2 Likes

I am. Especially these days. Have them fix it and let them test fire that s#!t on their own dime. Besides, it shouldn’t cost you shipping to/from, either. Have them email you a pre-paid shipping label.
Keep insisting until they do. They always have for me. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cheers. I’ve just contacted them.

3 Likes

See if they can put you in touch with the customer service rep named Lynne Briggs and work with her. She’s absolutely fantastic. :+1:

2 Likes

@Paul_1982 Welcome to the Brotherhood’ And Please if not done Already Double Check loading of Magazine as per left hand Feed for first round etc, try case lube on rounds before loading and 40 gr rounds. And Chris does some very nice videos
for the Updates.
Enjoy your pmr 30 ’

2 Likes

It does seem as though the jams are coming exclusively from the rounds on the left side… the round at the top of the mag after loading should be on the left side?

Left /Right Left /Right Left/Right till Ya got 30 to start,Left one First of cycle.

1 Like

I just recently did the same upgrade on my PMR30. I have no problems with the upgrade. It is very hard to get that tiny spring on the feed ramp into the hole on the slide stop. This must be in place to allow the gun to function. Take a look at the video on the assembly process. It helped me do the upgrade.

2 Likes