Kel-Tec heavy bolt upgrade?

Anybody install this? Looking for opinions from those who have installed this upgrade.

I don’t think recoil is all that bad with the standard Sub 2000, but I’m curious if this heavier bolt works noticeably better in recoil as Kel-Tec claims.

3 Likes

The heavy bolt removes some snappiness but I did not notice a big difference in felt recoil. I do not have one but suspect the muzzle brake would make more difference.

2 Likes

Not really
Littleflag

2 Likes

I have one in .40 S&W, so installed the rubber tube cover and a butt pad to cushion my shoulder after more than a few rounds. The ‘recoilless’ charging handle and internal buffer pad are good adds as well.
Those made enough difference for comfort for me. I enjoy the authoritative thump, lets me know I’m launching some power! Ruger .44 mag carbine, M-1 Garand, Savage 99 in .308, 12 Ga.–I like to run with the big dogs! (you just have to roll your own to make it ‘affordable’!)

3 Likes

It works well in my .40 and slows everything down enough that my Sub runs much cleaner
It was a good investment.
The brake, bolt and buffer combined compliment one another on my Gen2

3 Likes

That’s what I was hoping to hear.

3 Likes

I have the brass bolt,Mcarbo Stuff, buffer pad,
heavy handle ON and ON and ON.

Take the time to read polishing S2K thread for additional stuff.
I found that polishing the bevel where the recoil spring goes into the recoil bolt helped. Along with that the interface between the bold and hammer can be SMOOTHED.
Ad Infinitum.

3 Likes

Hey Dung, what caliber is your S2K chambered?

1 Like

9mm.

I also have a basket case gen 1 that’s a .40. I’m doing a rebuild on the 9mm

2 Likes

I have a .40 s2k and added a heavy bolt along with full mcarbo upgrades…

Haven’t shot it yet as it’s been sitting in my safe for over a month now…

Wouldn’t know what stock feels like :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I know the feeling !!! :crazy_face: :star_struck: :star_struck: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

What tripod are you using?

1 Like

FAB DEFENCE verticle grip/ bipod adjustable.

2 Likes

That is cool. I have a foregrip but it does not open like that. Pretty cool idea.

1 Like

Mine is a GEN 1.
I can use it on my Tavor and the Ruger MPR

3 Likes